An apology to O&G players

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Re: An apology to O&G players

Postby J Rzasa » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:37 pm

Oh, and Dez, the rumor that I saw for the Choppas was not that it is every weapon, its that you will now get the bonus first round, regardless of whether you charged or not.

~J

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Postby Kinne » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:42 pm

Fisher and Jadam both have the book. And the Arachnarok kits, which are AWESOME! I think they also have the Savage Boar Boys, but I can't remember.

J, Night Goblins are 3pts/model, and while I didn't look at their options costs, they come with Hand Weapon and Shield. I can't imagine they'd give them spears for free, unless you swap something out for it, which would mean they're back to four points a pop for spear and shield.

Dez, I didn't look closely at the choppa rule. Are you sure it's all weapons? Hand Weapons would make sense (though not really in the hands of goblins), but spears and great weapons would be. . .interesting. It would make a horde unit of gobbos with spears pretty incredible. I'll have to double-check that tomorrow.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:45 pm

Well I haven't seen the book, so I'm not sure ;) Just from what I've gathered from reading several sites and blogs is that all weapons in the Orcs & Goblins arsenal (except Magic weapons) have the Choppa rule.

I also didn't make it clear, Night Goblins come with hw and shield, and can trade in their hand weapon for a spear at no cost.
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Postby J Rzasa » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:47 pm

I'll read through it before/after/during the Tournament tomorrow, and post a full review.

~J

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Postby Kinne » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:17 pm

That would make sense. If all HW have the Choppa rule, it would definitely make sense to switch the +1S weapon for a spear for free. I still don't understand, though, why they increased the cost of orcs by one. Their rules are exactly the same, and I think they're pretty balanced at their current cost.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Gaghiel
Whiteshield

Postby Gaghiel » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:34 pm

otw does have the savage boar boys, saw it there today
- Jeremy

Kharn
Hardened Vet

Postby Kharn » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:52 pm

Those are not the Boar Boys, they are feral Orks.
Do you see what's going on, it's change. The longer the changes improve.

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:56 am

Those aren't Feral Orcs, they are Savage Orcs :)
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

orkwarboss
Storm Trooper

Postby orkwarboss » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:58 am

Thats not a moon, its a space station.

sorry had to....
Lion El’ Johnson – This one is an oldie but a goodie. Turns out he was a poet from the Victorian era who wrote a poem called ‘The Dark Angel’. He also was rumored to have quite the secret for those times.

Commander_Jay wrote:On the plus side, some of the rules and attacks are hilarious. My Gyrocopter can tilt its rotors and cut through people like a homicidal kitchen blender.

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Postby J Rzasa » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:27 am

Alright, so it's ridiculously slow at work, so I have some stuff to report that I was able to view:

Characters: Almost all of them went up in price. I didn't look through this too much. But I know many of the characters went up in price. Night Goblin Shamans get an extra die for every cast roll. That one extra die can not give Irresistible Force, and on a 1, you roll again. 1-3 you take a wound and the spell fails, 4-6 the spell just fails.

Troops: Orcs went up a point, Night Goblins can take a spear for free. Choppas is a +1S to all attacks the first round of combat for any unit with the Choppas rule. This is important, as it seems that only Orcs have it. But yes, even Great Weapons gets a +1.

Specials: I'm pretty happy with most of this. Chariots can be taken in units of 1-3. Bolt Throwers are still 35 pts, but they misfire on a 1 to hit. Squigs changed a bit, in that you only need 1 herder per 3 squigs. Herders are 3 pts, squigs are 8. Still 30 points for 3 squigs and 2 herders.

Rare: The Rock Lobber is now Rare. Same thing as before, 80 pts. I imagine most Stone Throwers are going that direction. Having 4 of them in an army is just bad. Doom Divers have their own Misfire chart, and it looks like a 4+ isn't necessarily a bad thing. Giants didn't change almost at all. I think they updated their attacks a bit, it looks like a few of them do 2d6 hits instead of 1d6, but its only for attacking big stuff it looks like.

Magic looks ridiculous, or at least in line with what Magic is from the main book. Nothing so ridiculous that people are going to envy it.

In all, it looks balanced. The Orcs didn't need a whole lot. Black Orcs are still the price of a Saurus Warrior, and at least as good. They may even be better than Beastigors.

~J

Return to “Orcs and Goblins”