Feelin' Green

Dez
Storm Trooper

Feelin' Green

Postby Dez » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:45 pm

It's funny how paging through a rulebook gives me all sort of fun ideas. I'm going to leave the Barshum and Flailey's idea behind, the new rulebook doesn't really support it (I'm going to use the Steam Dwarves for another idea).

I've had a new vision. The new rulebook and units has given me some inspiration, and I'm going to 'roll' with it. I'm thinking 'Wacky Races' kind of theme, and rebranding the army 'Da Grand Prix' (pronounce the x).

There will be lots of 'Counts As', I don't see myself using this army competitively. Monster Trucks pulled by Giants that count as Arachnarok spiders, 'Dragsta' style Goblin Chariots, Snotling Soapbox Racers (LOVE the new options), Riled Up and Drunken Race Fans that count as Savage Orcs (I really don't like the way the GW ones look), Night Goblins in Rolling Barrels (Just thought of it, no idea what they will count as...Mangler Squigs?), and I'll of course be using lots of Spider, Wolf and Boar riders (I think i'm the only one that has grown to like the new Boar Boys).

So those are my ideas. Let's see how far I actually get with them.
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Re: Feelin' Green

Postby J Rzasa » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:32 pm

I love the new Boar Boyz, but I am really bad at using Calvary in game. Especially with the new rules. They just don't break units, and take WAY too many casualties to be worth their points.

~J

Return to “Orcs and Goblins”