Malifaux Grow League Session 1 (1/10-1/24)

For all events advertised by, but not run through, The 131
Solicitor 6
Whiteshield

Re: Malifaux Grow League Session 1 (1/10-1/24)

Postby Solicitor 6 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:44 am

With their portions of the Quarantine Zone in ashes from the Governor's Nero-like eminent domain strategy, the Viks (John) and Tara (Natasha) were looking for a new base of operations. Unfortunately, the two parties had decided on the same location.

Negotiations began in earnest. The Nothing Beast attempted to assert Tara's position by occupying the space. Taelor and Vik of Blood rebutted the contention with a response of hammer and tong. Tara provided a counter offer by letting Taelor see the Void as an alternative option. Vik of Ashes in turn introduced Tara to her sisters Vik of Blood, Student of Conflict, and a Ronin to make a pitch that the extended (and very active) family was in more need of the space. Tara could not take such an argument and bowed out. This brought Taelor back from her restorative trip to the Void (thanks to Vik's own Void Wretch).

A little Void Wretch made a pitch of its own for the space by swallowing up Vik of Ashes. Vik of Blood did not appreciate such a negotiating tactic and dispatched it and Karina in a couple of hostile amendments. The Hodgepodge Effigy came running in to make his point with Blood. Taelor however, dropped the gavel on the little construct, closing negotiations for good and securing the space for the sisters.

Viks 9
Tara 5
The best way to figure out where you come from, is to figure out where you're going and work your way backwards. -The Doctor

bmac
Recruit

Postby bmac » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:17 pm

Titania took offense to the Guild's land grab in her realm and set off to ruin the vermin's' plan. She came across Hoffman on clearing the lands on Marlow's orders. A grind of a battle took place, Miss Step and Nekima fell in the second round, but at the end Titania was the last one standing.

I took the game against Josh 10-3.

I played a game against Keith as well.

After ruining the guilds attempts to claim land in the Little Kingdom Titania rallied her forces and pushed on. She was met by Asami with a small force of Oni, who was surely looking for Hoffman. Titania and Nekima cut through the Oni forces and took out Asami.

I got lucky with some great flips and good hands and took this game as well 7-0.

Gingerlicious
Recruit

Postby Gingerlicious » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:40 pm

So Asami got her head stoved in 7-0 vs Tatiana and 4-3 vs von Shill

Corwin
Veteran

Postby Corwin » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:29 am

I am looking for a challenge game this afternoon if anyone is available.
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with BS. If that doesn't work, riddle them with bullets.

TonyB
Whiteshield

Postby TonyB » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:38 am

I can do a game this afternoon. How about around 3 or 4?

Corwin
Veteran

Postby Corwin » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:49 pm

Sounds good I'll see you then
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with BS. If that doesn't work, riddle them with bullets.

Corwin
Veteran

Postby Corwin » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:03 pm

I got my challenge game in vs Tony with Ramos. Lady J shut down the summoning right away by jumping forward to kill the electrical creation preventing to from dropping scrap. Tony got scrap from his back up plan by killing his steam arachnid but failed to summoning off it with a horrorable first turn hand with no card higher then a 7. Start of turn 2 Lady J walked and got rid of the scrap with her 0. Then jumped over to engage Ramos. Ramos had 7 damage felt to him from a RJ flip for my defense trigger. All in all not a great match up for Tony I won 7-4.

cidewithme
Whiteshield

Postby cidewithme » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:02 am

Is anyone available for a last minute challenge game this Tuesday around 6:30? I'll be at the store after my regular league game anyways, and I haven't had a chance to get the game in yet.
'This is the age of total digitalisation; everything is online always.'
'Uh huh, and that's why our politicians are pure and clean, and the world works so well, is it? Because everybody knows everything and there's no hiding place.
Peter F. Hamilton

WildBorr
Veteran

Postby WildBorr » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:07 pm

Got my challenge game in against Kevin tonight. Rasputina vs. Sonnia, fire and ice! As to no real surprise, it was a fricken blood bath. Turn 1 and 2, Raspy and Snow Storm mauled all of Sonnia's crew, and turn 3 and 4 Sonnia returned the favor. The game ended with Sonnia running around trying to drop scheme markers with Raspy slowing chasing her, only 2 wounds left on Sonnia and no stones to protect her. Raspy managed to pull out the win 5-2

cidewithme
Whiteshield

Postby cidewithme » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:34 pm

Worried about the Guild's gambit to gain a new foothold in the Quarantine zone near the Little Kingdom, the Thunders quickly deployed their newest asset, Asami Tanaka, to intervene. Knowing the Thunders would likely retaliate, the Guild had a different ploy, burn the quarantine zone down around the Thunders' agent. Thus, the newly-healed Sonnia Criid set out with a small unit of Witchling Stalkers and a Handler. Like moths to a flame, Asami and her crew were routed, and Criid marched some new Stalkers back to guild HQ

Jonah wins 9-3
'This is the age of total digitalisation; everything is online always.'
'Uh huh, and that's why our politicians are pure and clean, and the world works so well, is it? Because everybody knows everything and there's no hiding place.
Peter F. Hamilton

Return to “Non-Club Events”