Malifaux Grow League Session 3 (2/7-2/21)

For all events advertised by, but not run through, The 131
Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Malifaux Grow League Session 3 (2/7-2/21)

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:23 pm

[i]With a second failed attempt to expand into the Quarantine Zone, Franco Marlow is finding his grip on Malifaux and the Guild hanging in the balance.
As he works desperately to cling to power, the other powers in Malifaux are using this sign of weakness as an opportunity to push into the Guild's territory. There are even reports of infighting taking place among the Guild officers and high ranking officials. As the fighting continues to spread a massive fire has broken out in the heart of Malifaux itself. In the confusion of the raging fire, Marlow and his devoted followers are trying to regain control of the city.[i]

Remember for session 3, we are at a full 50SS game using normal rules with the exception of the special scenario for this round.

Deployment: Blind (using one fate deck, each player chooses a single suit and takes a card from their suit for each model in their crew. If you have 8 models in your crew you would take 8 rams, and your opponent would take a number of crows equal to the models in their crew). All of the cards for both crews are shuffled together, and divided in half. Without looking at the cards, each player alternates placing a card cards on the table at least 8" away from another card. Once all cards have been placed, players alternate flipping over the cards. When a card from a player's suit is flipped, they must deploy a model in the spot where the card was located. Continue flipping cards until all models of both crews have been deployed.)

Strategy: Cut your losses (At the end of each turn INCLUDING the first a player gains 1 VP if none of their models were killed or sacrificed by an enemy model)

Schemes: Vendetta, Distract, Take Prisoner, Murder Protege, Power Ritual (All corners count as being outside of a players deployment zone)

Challenge Scenario for round 3:

Deployment: Corner
Strategy: Ours!
Schemes: Guarded Treasure, Dig Their Graves, Set Up, Hold up Their Forces, Take One for the Team.

Pairings:

Jonah vs. Jonh B
Steve vs. Jacob
Natasha vs. Keith
Jason vs. Brandon
Corwin vs. Atticus
Josh vs. Tony B

With this being our final session, please make sure to get all games posted, and if anyone missed scheduled games, feel free to go back and get them finished. I am planning to have prizes announced by the end of February so no points will be added after the 28th. Also, if you are painting minis, feel free to post them here, on the 131 facebook page, or email them to me so I can be sure to give you points for painting. Also if all of your games were played with a painted crew, please be sure to post that in your final game report as well.

Good luck and have fun!
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Tuskan
Whiteshield

Re: Malifaux Grow League Session 3 (2/7-2/21)

Postby Tuskan » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:25 pm

Steve, we can play sometime whenever this upcoming weekend.
Bring me your Universes ultimate cup of coffee...! BLACK... You have five.. Earth.. Minutes. Make it perfect!

Ynysley
Whiteshield

Postby Ynysley » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:04 pm

Tony I can do Tues/Thurs this week, Saturday after the tourney or early on Sunday. Let me know if any of that works for you.

cidewithme
Whiteshield

Postby cidewithme » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:09 am

Brandon, I am free this coming Tuesday and Tuesday and Wednesday of next week. Do any of those days work for you?
'This is the age of total digitalisation; everything is online always.'
'Uh huh, and that's why our politicians are pure and clean, and the world works so well, is it? Because everybody knows everything and there's no hiding place.
Peter F. Hamilton

TonyB
Whiteshield

Postby TonyB » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:28 am

Ynysley wrote:Tony I can do Tues/Thurs this week, Saturday after the tourney or early on Sunday. Let me know if any of that works for you.

Let me check my calendar at work today, but I can probably make Tues or Thurs work. Let you know tonight.

Ynysley
Whiteshield

Postby Ynysley » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:18 pm

TonyB wrote:Let me check my calendar at work today, but I can probably make Tues or Thurs work. Let you know tonight.

I can do tonight (Monday) as well in a pinch.

TonyB
Whiteshield

Postby TonyB » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:04 pm

Ynysley wrote:
TonyB wrote:Let me check my calendar at work today, but I can probably make Tues or Thurs work. Let you know tonight.

I can do tonight (Monday) as well in a pinch.

Let's go with Tuesday. I have to be late for work on Thursday so I may not get out on time. About 6ish?

Ynysley
Whiteshield

Postby Ynysley » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:10 pm

Works for me, see you then!

bmac
Recruit

Postby bmac » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:11 am

cidewithme wrote:Brandon, I am free this coming Tuesday and Tuesday and Wednesday of next week. Do any of those days work for you?

Hey Jason, I can do Wednesday next week.

Also I have some time this Thursday night around 6 if anyone wants to do a challenge game.

Ynysley
Whiteshield

Postby Ynysley » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:21 am

I'm also looking for a challenge game on Thursday, but I've already played Bmac. I'm not sure if we can repeat, but I feel like I should try to find someone else first at least. :P

Return to “Non-Club Events”