March Madness round one

For all events advertised by, but not run through, The 131
Corwin
Veteran

March Madness round one

Postby Corwin » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:29 am

Pandora decided it would be fun to play with the Ortega's again but Candy was being a brat so she left her at home this time. Instead she brought Baby Kade and borrowed a couple silurid and an effigy from Zoraida. Lilitu always loves to play with Bady Kade so she tagged along.
To start their ambush Bady Kade declared a Vendetta against Santiago luring him closer. Perdita shoots the baby holding a knife as the rest of her crew moves forward into position. Pandora glides forward hurting the emissary and almost killing Francisco.
Pandora starts the 2nd turn useing inflict 3 times in range of all but the enslaved nephilim Perdita taking a beating and Francisco useing 3 cards to keep from hurting himself. All the little things and Santiago flipping mostly high cards. Even after preventing 18 wounds with 5 stones Pandora can't survive the return fire from the Emissary and Perdita. Bady Kade seeing Pandora fall charges forward and stabs Perdita to death.
The rest of the Ortega's seeing their sister fall takes apart the rest of the Woes one by one.

Perdita wins 7-3
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with BS. If that doesn't work, riddle them with bullets.

TonyB
Whiteshield

Re: March Madness round one

Postby TonyB » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:29 am

Final score between Natasha and my game is Marcus 8 - Tara 0

WildBorr
Veteran

Postby WildBorr » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:35 pm

Dufresne beat the VIks by a score of 8-3. Dufresne and Sebastian managed to drop Vik to 1 wound with poison to go, and spawning Bete and multiple Flesh Constructs quickly swung the model count in my favor. Sue managed to drop the Emissary, but little else went the way of the Sisters,

Corwin
Veteran

Postby Corwin » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:18 pm

Luicus was bested by Collodi 9-2. I should have known better then pick Collodi for Eliminate the Leadership.
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with BS. If that doesn't work, riddle them with bullets.

Ynysley
Whiteshield

Postby Ynysley » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:48 pm

Cooper VS Dreamer ends 10/0 in favor of Dreamer with John needing to end early. Dreamer had a great time at the circus and hopes to return soon.

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:24 pm

In a game that certainly required drinking, Brewmaster defeated Asami 5-2. All of the overlapping auras and conditions simply overwhelmed Asami and Yasanori. Excellent call by Jason to include 2 low river monks who were removing tons of conditions each turn.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

cidewithme
Whiteshield

Postby cidewithme » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:24 am

But never enough! I think half my team didn't even realize they were fighting the Brewmaster cause he's just so charismatic. You want a drink? And that'll be minus to all duels for the rest of the turn. Between Mr. Tannen putting off a 6" aura that makes me have to discard a card to cheat and Brewmaster's ability to make me discard cards, it was difficult to win critical flips or to have any cards left over to pitch to the 2 damage aura that lust puts out. While Kevin's crew didn't really have models that were traditional beaters per se (besides fermented river monk!?), the control pieces were able to effectively manipulate the entire game with movement tricks and conditions while killing my models through attrition. All in all some great Malifaux and a testament to the extreme versatility of playstyles it has to offer and just what makes this game so fun and unique.
'This is the age of total digitalisation; everything is online always.'
'Uh huh, and that's why our politicians are pure and clean, and the world works so well, is it? Because everybody knows everything and there's no hiding place.
Peter F. Hamilton

bmac
Recruit

Postby bmac » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:37 pm

Titania VS raspy ends 7/2 in favor Titania.

Return to “Non-Club Events”