Abhorsen's ToMG log

Abhorsen
Veteran

Abhorsen's ToMG log

Postby Abhorsen » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:58 am

"Oi, you zogging gitz find that those bitz i was looking for yet!" The big mek growled at his grot techs. The grotz when scattering in every which way trying to avoid a beating from the hulking mek. He ran after one and kick it real hard. "Bloody Gitz, good for nuffing but a Kick you are." as he turned the corner to give the grot one final kick his mechanical eye spotted something. he turned to face it, letting the grot scurry away.

There in-front of him was a box three times his hieght and 4 times as wide as him, and in great big hummy letters it read DANGER: highly explosive. A toothy grin spread across his face as he began to scheme and plot.

Was it what he was looking for... no but it would do for now. having an entire space ships cargo bay worth of loot it was hard to find what he was looking for, and not keeping any records does not make it much easier.

The big mek bellowed for his grot crew, "OI, you little gitz get these ere cratez to me workshop and fast, or ur going to get a extra hard kick!" the grotz scurried away for the equipment to move these massive crates.

Once the crates were in his workshop, he wrenched them open to see what new toys where inside. Inside each crate was 12 massive rokkits each almost the size of an ork. just the site of them sent images of his mates flying into battle with these things strapped to their backs, of course with some modification and a little blue paint for luck it could be done. he immediately began testing ideas and nuts and bolts were flying everywhere.

once he had a couple of protypes done, he began testing and who better than some grotz. the first one just exploded when he pressed the button. The second went so fast he hit the ceiling in a millisecond splat!. the third was a perfect arc but the kill switch didn't work so he was plastered across the floor till he hit the wall. in the end only 2 of his 40 test grotz lived but it was well worth it because with the new and improved rokkits his boyz would get there just before the other so they could get the best loot.

a crackling came from the banged up radio on the wall, it was the bridge. "WaaaaaaGH!"
came bellowing through the speakers. "Planet dead ahead, Get your Choppas sharpened boyz were ere!"

The big mek thought to himself, "awe perfect battle testing."

sorry if the fluff is bland i dont write much fluff but i figure now is a good time to start :)
for january i am going to try and focus on orks for the tourny coming up, so i built 24 stormboyz and i am going to hopefully paint 12 this month. if i have time i might try and paint the new Abom too but i am not sure on that yet.

so here are the 24 stormboyz and acouple of close ups.

the 2 grotz that survived the testing counting as one stormboy.

and finally my test model. still not sure about the metal areas i wanted to for a completely rusted look but i cant quite get the texture i want.

so thats where i am at for this month and i hope to have these done in time for the abom.

Dez
Storm Trooper

Re: Abhorsen's ToMG log

Postby Dez » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:59 am

I liked the fluff Mike ;) I know writing isn't my strong point either, but I'm hoping to get marginally better at it via ToMG. The Grots are my favorite, but I also really like how dynamic the metal body/plastic legs Nob looks.
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Abhorsen
Veteran

Postby Abhorsen » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:39 pm

thanks dez :). i really like that nob too, i picture him harpooning into terrain and using it to swing into close combat and just smooshing someone with his 'uge power claw. or harpooning some poor soul who happens to be in his path as he flies over.

ok so update time, been busy lately so i have only gotten 7 of the first 12 done. they are pretty quick paint jobs and i am not sure if i am satisfied with how the metal came out, but they will work for now. i have been testing different ways of getting a textured rusty look on smaller models but i have not had to much success, i might just end up hitting these guys with some weathering powders. anyway here are some pics of the squad so far.

let me know what u guys think, and sorry for the pics they are very washed out.

Abhorsen
Veteran

Postby Abhorsen » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:01 pm

hey ladz, its update time. i have been slower on these boyz than i would of liked but it is with good reason i am working on some apocalypse ork gun emplacements and some other conversion projects that just stole time from these guys. but i have finished one squad. which completes this months pledge.

here is the nob

and the rest of the boyz i painted recently

and here is the complete mob of 12 stormboyz

i am not to sure when i will have time to work on the other 12, but i am hoping to get them primed soon. i first need to finish prep for the upcoming mega battle, which includes attempting to finish my gargantuan squiggoth.

anyway cheers all, comments welcome :)

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:34 pm

Nice work Mike, and first to the finish line! My lack of sleep has been catching up, I haven't gotten any further on mine yet.

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Abhorsen
Veteran

Postby Abhorsen » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:07 pm

ok so update time.

i know this is for painting armies but i might as well just use it as a log for my army too, cause these things will be painted eventually. up first is a dred i have been working on to get back into the converting mood, the old dred looked so weedy even compared to the new kans so beeifed mine up.

so i am pretty much laying off the dred for now as he is pretty much done till i am ready to paint him, and the mega battle i need to have my squiggoth ready for is coming up. so yesterday i did a full days worth of work on him while rewatching the first season of doctor who as we were snowed in. i started this guy like last febuary or something, worked on him for awhile than got tied up with skaven and there were no apoc battles around so no motivation. the base kit is a german dinosaur kit. i took mine a little further and re-sculpted the head, which still needs some work, i think i might take off the horn and add some tusks. anyway here the beasty is.

sorry if they are not the best pictures, but there will be more soon, he still needs a lot of work be fore he is ready to be painted. i also made 2 suppa lobbas but forgot to take pics of them.

Cheers all :), comments and suggestions welcome.

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:14 pm

Nice work on all the details Mike! I kinda like the big horn, how about making him a giant Iron Gob with Ramming Tusks? Are you planning on having the Squiggoth painted for the Megabattle too?

ADB

Abhorsen
Veteran

Postby Abhorsen » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:21 pm

i would really like to try, but the amount of detail work on him is quite daunting, so i am not going to guarantee it :9

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:33 pm

You could do all the base work and leave the details for later.

ADB

Abhorsen
Veteran

Postby Abhorsen » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:37 pm

o no i mean the amount detailing i still have to do with plastic card and GS. or is that what u are talking about :9

Return to “TOMG 2011”