Whytwolf's ToMG log

Dez
Storm Trooper

Re: Whytwolf's ToMG log

Postby Dez » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:55 am

I want to see more. I want to see you try and freehand the Khador symbol. I also want to see more tone, it's too flat. highlight the flag. Give those metals a wash. Do up a little Baal Red on those big planes of Mechrite!

Great for tabletop, but unless I'm missing something from this picture I think you can do better compared to last month:)

The goal is to motivate, get an army painted...and push the limits and learn new things!
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

whytwolf
Lord General

Postby whytwolf » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:17 am

Dez wrote:I want to see more. I want to see you try and freehand the Khador symbol. I also want to see more tone, it's too flat. highlight the flag. Give those metals a wash. Do up a little Baal Red on those big planes of Mechrite!

Great for tabletop, but unless I'm missing something from this picture I think you can do better compared to last month:)

Thanks for the feedback, but:

Metals were washed!

Tried a different red over the Mechrite for contrast, but when it dried the difference was imperceptible.

I thought about trying to freehand the emblem and even lightly traced it out with a pencil, but I couldn't get it right. I am not so good with freehand art, so rather than ruin it I left it until I can find a decal.
"It is the way of Fenris. We stay as long as we can. We fight as hard as we can. Kill as much as we can. Only when we can do no more, do we move on."

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:44 am

Ahh, it's sometimes hard to tell in pictures. I know I sit here and I'll layer something for hours, take a pic and it looks flat ;)

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

whytwolf
Lord General

Postby whytwolf » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:33 am

Yup, I agree. Sux the most when you are really excited to show off your work and the camera doesn't capture all the nuances. :twisted:

Anyway, thanks again for the feedback :D
"It is the way of Fenris. We stay as long as we can. We fight as hard as we can. Kill as much as we can. Only when we can do no more, do we move on."

whytwolf
Lord General

Postby whytwolf » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:29 pm

The Thousand Sons, arch enemies of the Space Wolves. I am thinking that the 1K Sons a little upset that the Wolves came into their house, stomped them, then set their house on fire. ;)

The helmets on these were the hardest part and my hand isn't the steadiest one in the world. It took a lot of correcting and re-correcting to get these to look as well as (I think) they do.

The Aspiring Sorcerer

I was going for shadows in the folds of the robe, not sure how well it came out.

Comments?

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:17 pm

Looks good, but I almost wish you through in a little accent color (purple) in a few little areas just to bring in a little contrast ;)

ADB

whytwolf
Lord General

Postby whytwolf » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:21 am

Dez: Thanks, but not really sure why I would have thrown in purple highlights? I used Assurman Blue to try and shade the robe and tabards, but that is about the extent of it.

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:11 am

Sorry, I mean accents not highlights: Jewels, eyes on the Sorcs pack, etc.

ADB

whytwolf
Lord General

Postby whytwolf » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:19 am

Oops, I missed the eyes :oops: thanks for pointing that out. They should have been done.

whytwolf
Lord General

Postby whytwolf » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:05 pm

Ok back to the Space Wolves:

The ancient warriors or the pack are the most revered and earn themselves a place of honor in the Sagas of the Great Company.

To be interred in a sarcophagus of iron for their great sleep is the highest honor that can be bestowed on a warrior of Russ. Jace Stalking-Spirit of Brygran Longbeard’s great pack was one such warrior to earn this high honor.

Jace was wounded in battle while valiantly and single handedly defended a wrecked Vindicator, enabling his pack brothers to extricate the tank’s crew and slip away to outflank the enemy. The Wolf Priests recovered his mortally wounded body from the field of battle and delivered it to the Iron-Priests, who prepared the Dreadnought he now resides in.

Only in the most critical of battles is Jace Stalking-Spirit awoken. Preferring to arrive at the vanguard of the attacking force, he most often deploys well ahead of the rest of the pack via a drop pod.

Return to “TOMG 2011”