Pious' ToMG Log

pious1313
Whiteshield

Re: Pious' ToMG Log

Postby pious1313 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:57 am

Thanks Dez.
I was actually trying to keep Mephiston dark, I wanted him to be a little more moody and less cartoon-ish. So I intetionally left the skulls a metal color and his armor mostly black. The plasma didn't show up well in the photo, I was experimenting with purple plasma. I agree it doesn't have the glow I was going for. The light gray is a good suggestion, thanks.
"Say what you like, I will not fight alongside these madmen. The past proves nothing, except the Blood Angels are cursed and but a single step from damnation."

Brother Captin Yuron of the Adeptus Astartes Patriarchs of Ulixis

I'm Bryan and I'm not pious.

pious1313
Whiteshield

Postby pious1313 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:44 am

I'm pretty much done with my Predator Annihilator, but I'm interested in any suggestions to finish it off. Thanks.

"Say what you like, I will not fight alongside these madmen. The past proves nothing, except the Blood Angels are cursed and but a single step from damnation."

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:46 am

Looks good, I like the weathering. The only suggestion I have is to perhaps paint the muzzles red as well. That's the only thing that sticks out to me at a glance, good work!
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

pious1313
Whiteshield

Postby pious1313 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:17 am

Here's my latest in time for the end of April. Mephiston has already been in two games, while the Predator made it out for one so far. I think I'm going to start photographing during some games. It'd be great to play a well painted army to get some cool shots.

pious1313
Whiteshield

Postby pious1313 » Sat May 21, 2011 6:44 pm

Finished two units this month. I completed my tactical squad. These guys are 2nd edition marines, so they're not very dynamic, but they get the job done.

...and they've already seen battle! Krymson shot them to hell.

I blew through those guys pretty fast, so I worked on my land speeders. I got them all painted up and magnetized their bases after they broke for the tenth time. That should fix it. I also magnetized the heavy bolters and multimeltas so I can field different weapon load outs. The typhoon missle launchers are pinned, they're pewter and would be difficult to magnetize. That and honestly I don't think they're worth taking.

off their bases:Image

These guys have seen battle as well though only one is in the picture. The other speeder had been blown up at this point again by Krymson and his Black Templar

Snowflake
Whiteshield

Postby Snowflake » Sat May 21, 2011 10:15 pm

Looking good, I love the speeders.

pious1313
Whiteshield

Postby pious1313 » Thu May 26, 2011 9:04 pm

Thanks Snowflake, I think I should get another to round out the squadron.

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Thu May 26, 2011 9:21 pm

Looking good! I do think Typhoons (on paper) seem like they would be good. Maybe it's only because you have 2 of them? To you use them in a single unit? I'd think deep striking them in behind tanks would be pretty nice.
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Postby J Rzasa » Fri May 27, 2011 11:34 am

I really love Typhoons. They have some really nice advantages. They move 12" and can still shoot 2 Krak missiles into a vehicle. That means you can almost always get side armor on something like a Leman Russ, or a Predator, unless the terrain doesn't allow you to. If you are shaken, you can jet 24" and gain a 4+ cover save, getting you into a much better position. Against Hordes, you have a Heavy Bolter and 2 Frag shots, which can do well.

Of course, mine are only 70 pts, yours might be 90. But it takes more shots to bring down than a Predator, and you should always be far enough away from rapid fire weapons that you won't get taken down by a bolter.

Nice work, everything is looking good.

~J

pious1313
Whiteshield

Postby pious1313 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:33 pm

Here's Lemartes my pledge from last month. I was pretty happy with him until I frosted him with Purity Seal. The sucked but he looks good on the table top.

And of course this month, I painted a Land Raider Redeemer. It went a lot faster than I thought it would, guess I'm speeding up my vehicle painting.

Return to “TOMG 2011”