Bolt Action 2 Preview

For any systems without their own place
Dez
Storm Trooper

Bolt Action 2 Preview

Postby Dez » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:13 am

Hi all,

I'd slowed down promotion of Bolt Action when I learned there was a second edition on the way in Fall. I didn't want anyone to get confused, or buy a rulebook that may become obsolete soon. Please note, this new rulebook is really just a slight tweaking of some rules and an incorporation of the FAQ. So here is the preview for Bolt Action 2, http://www.gamewire.belloflostsouls.net ... 2-preview/

Also, very exciting to see the US Paratrooper plastics!
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

madvitale
Whiteshield

Re: Bolt Action 2 Preview

Postby madvitale » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:01 am

Sooner or later I will have a small force for this. Currently have built Germans: an APC, and 12 soldiers. Should have a total of 30-31 soldiers, the APC and one or two tanks by September.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Commander_Jay
Lord Requisitioner

Postby Commander_Jay » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:20 am

What size force would be a small game, but still fun?
-Commander Jay

"If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:38 am

You could literally buy a box of Grenadiers or US Infantry, etc and be able to build enough troops for a small army and a fun game.

Was there a particular army you have in mind?

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Commander_Jay
Lord Requisitioner

Postby Commander_Jay » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:19 pm

Nope. Just wondering what it takes to start and be able to play some games. Before buying in for a full army.
Always good when small scale games work too.
-Commander Jay

"If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:33 pm

They do for sure, we played some 400-500 point games and had a great time. 2-3 squads, an HQ and a sniper/mg is a lot of fun and can be gotten in a box.

ADB

Return to “Other Systems”