Windless Wastes League Info and Questions

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Windless Wastes League Info and Questions

Postby Kinne » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:06 pm

Alright folks, the signup thread is in the club events forum, but I wanted to have a post where I could keep all of the info together. As stated, the league begins on February 7th and runs to March 6th. The link to all of the information and rules is here:

http://privateerpress.com/organized-pla ... less-waste

I will bring my laptop on Wednesday nights so people can access up-to-date information on the map and play their games accordingly. The ladder itself will be posted into another thread on this forum, where I can access it daily. For those of you who have signed up -- it is imperative that you read the rules in their entirety. I don't expect you to memorize them, but they must be read at least once. There will be a binder left at Off the Wall with the league rules, season rules and scenarios to be accessed by anyone in the league. If you're playing at another location (like your house), just use the link above to access all of that. If you do not play on Wednesday night or play at a location other than Off the Wall, it is the obligation of the players to report the game to me. You can do this via PM. Just agree with your opponent who will report the game. If you play at Off the Wall on Wednesday nights, we will have battle report sheets that you can hand in to me, or, if you play after I leave, to a designated club officer. It is also the obligation of every player to report to me to get their Battle Journal stamped, so I strongly suggest making at least an appearance on Wednesdays to get these checked off. You must have stamps in your journal to be able to use the Stratagems and earn Commendations.

I think that about covers everything. Are there any questions?
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

whytwolf
Lord General

Re: Windless Wastes League Info and Questions

Postby whytwolf » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:57 pm

The rules state that in each season you are representing "your" faction...singular. But states nothing about changing factions between seasons.

So my question is; If I start off Cygnar but add enough units to be able to field a good sized Khador force, can I change to them in a different season?

Also, since the variety of factions might be limited would you be open to people either switching between factions within a season or perhaps even playing multiple factions in parallel?

I don't know how that would effect tracking and all that, but I for one wouldn't be opposed to have to track two journals.

Food for thought.
"It is the way of Fenris. We stay as long as we can. We fight as hard as we can. Kill as much as we can. Only when we can do no more, do we move on."

Kinne

Postby Kinne » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:14 pm

The way I read it, you're free to change factions between seasons, but not during a season. I would imagine this is to prevent people from "jumping ship" if their faction does poorly, or switching their factions to get the best bonuses before each game.

We shouldn't have too much issue with faction limitation. If they do run it at Base Camp, we'll have that option, and there are also a handful of people who play WM/H on Thursday nights at OtW who, I am sure, will like to play as well.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Kinne

Postby Kinne » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:44 am

Just an update -- the charge for the league materials went through, so hopefully that means it's on its way and will arrive this week!

whytwolf
Lord General

Postby whytwolf » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:05 pm

I can't remember which stamp it was but IIRC you can get a stamp for painting a model or unit during the season, correct?

My question is: does it have to be done exactly during the weeks of the season? I was going to pledge a Jack or something for April, but don't want to wait half-way through the month to get started on it.

If I start it in the beginning of April and finish it during the league season, will it count?
"It is the way of Fenris. We stay as long as we can. We fight as hard as we can. Kill as much as we can. Only when we can do no more, do we move on."

Kinne

Postby Kinne » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:31 pm

It's actually a specific model. I can't remember the exact name of it, but it's some new type of officer or somesuch that they hadn't released by the end of Windless Wastes. So a 'Jack wouldn't fulfill that requirement.

Mi Yao
Whiteshield

Postby Mi Yao » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:54 pm

It has to be a ranking officer.

whytwolf
Lord General

Postby whytwolf » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:44 pm

I misunderstood, I thought it was just painting "a" model. The special units, are you thinking about the "season models" that were variants of regular models?

If it isn't one of these season models, what defines a "Ranking Officer"? Is it an officer attachment/Solo/Warcaster or Warlock?

And the question still stands regarding the timing of said painting.

Kinne

Postby Kinne » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:15 pm

Apparently Ranking Officers are coming out in a new ruleset for Warmachine. You can also meet the requirement by painting a Merc or Minion, which would be the only option for everyone at this point, and Hordes even after Ranking Officers come out.

Commander_Jay
Lord Requisitioner

Postby Commander_Jay » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:18 pm

The ranking officer isnt out yet. For Cygnar, it will be Captain Jonas Murdoch, who give a mercenary unit assault, and make them faction models, and a few other tricks.
-Commander Jay

"If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Return to “Windless Wastes”