Black Hawk down?

Have an idea for an event? Post it here and get some feedback.
Grandmaster marc
Hardened Vet

Re: Black Hawk down?

Postby Grandmaster marc » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:09 pm

I like it, 3 questions: 1 you have a valk and valk strikes? 2 what happens if a squad is wiped out? do you send men to retrieve the bodies? and should the chimera turrets be heavy bolters not my over powered multi lazer?
"To take a town, send a legionary. To take a city, send a squad. To take a world, send a company. To take a culture, send a Chapter."

-Popular Ultramarines Aphorism

Tex
Whiteshield

Postby Tex » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:51 pm

If a squad is wiped out then it is up to the others to retrieve their bodies. Given the rules, it will actually be difficult for all of one squad to be "killed" to the man. Should that happen, it will be up to the other squads to bring the fallen back. This makes the Guard player(s) develop a real plan in case things go badly (like covering squads, evacuation squads, timing routes, etc). The Valk strikes work like Flames of War. Twice a game the guard can call in Valkyrie gunships. On a roll of 1, the commander can't achieve radio contact and must try next turn. Once a strike has been called, 1-3 Valkyries arrive and perform strafing runs on a target that needs killing. Once the strike is resolved, the Valks fly off until called again. The 1 Valkyrie that inserted troops can stick around and provide support just like the Chimeras. The Chimeras should be armed with a turret multi-laser, hull heavy bolter, and crew served heavy stubber (up armor and smoke launchers) as that is the standard weapons fit (may have to knock out light cultist vehicles).
Badges?! We don't need no stinkin' Badges!

Grandmaster marc
Hardened Vet

Postby Grandmaster marc » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:02 pm

this is all very true, I like it and and if you do to ill put it up into one document. Or who ever wants to and we can submit it to the 131 schedual.
"To take a town, send a legionary. To take a city, send a squad. To take a world, send a company. To take a culture, send a Chapter."

Tex
Whiteshield

Postby Tex » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:59 pm

Sounds good to me. I will be doing Flames of War this coming Wednesday but we could do a run through next Wednesday to see if the rules work. We want the scenario to be challenging for the Guard Player(s) but not impossible.
Badges?! We don't need no stinkin' Badges!

Grandmaster marc
Hardened Vet

Postby Grandmaster marc » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:48 pm

yes, sir i'll write up the full thing using copy and paste and all those other things. next wensdday ifs fine.

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:49 pm

...like spellcheck?
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Grandmaster marc
Hardened Vet

Postby Grandmaster marc » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:50 pm

Hahahaha, don't worry ill be doing it on word.

Grandmaster marc
Hardened Vet

Postby Grandmaster marc » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:26 pm

Ok Tex 1 more time, check this full file for any thing missing or needs to be changed. I did change a few things like RPG stats and erased my name and I added in all of your quotation things so i deleted those as well.
Attachments
Black hawk down full game.doc
(29.5 KiB) Downloaded 92 times

Return to “Event Suggestions”