Black Hawk down?

Have an idea for an event? Post it here and get some feedback.
Grandmaster marc
Hardened Vet

Black Hawk down?

Postby Grandmaster marc » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:30 pm

I have an Idea for a game kinda like death watch with a more different scenario . And that you will be an imperial guard stormtrooper but more suped up. Any one interested in this at all?
"To take a town, send a legionary. To take a city, send a squad. To take a world, send a company. To take a culture, send a Chapter."

-Popular Ultramarines Aphorism

Tex
Whiteshield

Re: Black Hawk down?

Postby Tex » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:24 pm

Interesting that you picked the "Black hawk Down" theme. My gaming group has played this scenario many times. Three squads of Space Marines are tasked with going into section of a city that is overrun with Chaos cultists. They must retrieve an important Imperial agent from the wreckage of a Chimera, Rhino, whatever. Each Squad has 10 men with a veteran sgt with a power fist, a flamer, and a deathwatch style heavy bolter with a suspension pack which makes the heavy bolter assault 3 (18" range). They insert with Rhino transports. Cultists are rolled for randomly on a chart (how many and what their weapon fit consists of). All cultists are BS and WS 2. In addition to securing the person of importance, they cannot leave a single Marine behind. When a marine is hit and fails his armor save, the marine players rolls a die - 1-2, the marine shrugs it off and continues to fight. 3-4 he is wounded badly and can only crawl d6" a turn. Can Shoot at BS2 and H to H at WS 2 (cannot charge). 5 - 6 and he is dead. His body can be dragged by a teammate d6" a turn. I would love to play this mission again as it leads to a very intense game for the marines.
I suppose you could adapt these rules to the guard but it might be more difficult for the guard to win as their stats are much closer to cultists than are marines'. I would be willing to develop this idea.
Last edited by Tex on Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Badges?! We don't need no stinkin' Badges!

Grandmaster marc
Hardened Vet

Postby Grandmaster marc » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:01 pm

That would be great tex,. I will write up a layout on word for stats, weapons mission objectives and such. and get them to you.
"To take a town, send a legionary. To take a city, send a squad. To take a world, send a company. To take a culture, send a Chapter."

Grandmaster marc
Hardened Vet

Postby Grandmaster marc » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:17 pm

here are the files tex any thing I should fix or change? (other than spellin and mabey grammer( well unless yu can't understand it of course)

btw: demo charge 1 per squad, 6" 10 2 assault 1 large blast
note: cannot scatter back at squad but can scatter else were (sticks to target)
Attachments
Stats and wargear.doc
(23.5 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
Rules and Scenario.doc
(20.5 KiB) Downloaded 93 times

Tex
Whiteshield

Postby Tex » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:33 pm

Some of what you have come up with I like and some, in my opinion, has to be slightly modified to capture the flavor of the Black Hawk down scenario. I will brainstorm and get back to you soon.

Grandmaster marc
Hardened Vet

Postby Grandmaster marc » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:37 pm

alrighty then

Kharn
Hardened Vet

Postby Kharn » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:59 am

I am in. I prefer marines over Guardsman though.
Do you see what's going on, it's change. The longer the changes improve.

Grandmaster marc
Hardened Vet

Postby Grandmaster marc » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:21 pm

I know but the guardsman will add a little more complxity to it. and makie t more realistic i feel

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Postby Kinne » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:48 pm

I didn't have a chance to look over the rules themselves, but I would second the idea of using guardsmen. One, it would fit the theme better. And two, we just did a space marine event.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Tex
Whiteshield

Postby Tex » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:16 pm

This is what I came up with for using Guard instead of Marines. I liked the stats and weapons fits Marc came up for the Guard, but I only use 1 wound each (still highly survivable). I also got rid of all Chaos marine elements as they do not represent what was faced in Somalia and would unbalance the game at the expense of the Guard (believe me, they game will still be very difficult without them). What do you think?
Attachments
Black Hawk Down scenario.docx
(12.94 KiB) Downloaded 99 times

Return to “Event Suggestions”