TUESDAY NIGHT BLOOD BOWL

Have an idea for an event? Post it here and get some feedback.
Gangrel767
Whiteshield

TUESDAY NIGHT BLOOD BOWL

Postby Gangrel767 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:07 pm

This Tuesday (3/1/2011) my friends and I are coming up to OTW to play some good ol' fashioned Blood Bowl. We started a league at our house (aptly name "Tuesday Night Blood Bowl") and have been running it for about 10 consecutive weeks with good attendance. We have several players and teams who consistently attend and we hope to start a league up there at OTW.

We have spoken with those in charge and gotten the verbal "ok" to run a tournament sometime soon, so if you are at all interested please come play. All experience levels are welcome and we would love to demo to players who have never played before. Spread the word! I think we should have at least 4 people coming, and possibly even more.

We have been using the LRB 6 aka the Competition Rulebook, which can be found on the GW site. The ruleset is slightly different than the LRB 5, which is what the video game is based on.

I have been browsing the forums and noticed this past fall there was an attempt at running a Blood Bowl League, and unfortunately it was cancelled due to lack of participation.... well, let's not let a good game go by the wayside! Blood Bowl is back, gather your favorite teams from the old world and let's crack some skulls!
Listen to us on the Veterans of the Long War Podcast!

Check out our FB page: https://www.facebook.com/VeteransOfTheLongWar
Or check us out on Podomatic or iTunes!

"What we do in Life, echoes in Eternity" - Maximus Decimus Meridius

MadMike
Whiteshield

Re: TUESDAY NIGHT BLOOD BOWL

Postby MadMike » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:54 pm

Crap, I better put my team on the painting list.

I would like to play but won't be able to for a couple of weeks most likely. Consider me a likely future attendee!
Must paint more models... Must paint more... Must...

Gangrel767
Whiteshield

Postby Gangrel767 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:29 pm

Well, my friends and I made it up there this past tuesday and played some Blood Bowl. We had two simulataneous games going on.

The first game featured the destructive power of Nurgle vs the reptilian menace of the Lizardmen. Unfortunately for our cold-blooded friends, they just did not have the ability to stand up to Nurgle power and by the end of the game were only fielding a few players.

Nurgle 1, Lizardmen 0

The second game featured the frenzy filled Norse team against the lethal and comedic Halflings. The Norsemen team scored quickly to begin the first half and was able to stifle the Halfling team throughout the rest of the game.... mainly by avoiding the THREE Treemen, and squishing as many Halflings as they could get their hands on, which was all of them by games end.

Norse 1, Halflings 0

We hope to stop up again this coming Tuesday to continue promoting for the upcoming Blood Bowl tournament we plan to run. Hopefully we'll have some more information on that coming soon.

Kharn
Hardened Vet

Postby Kharn » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:31 pm

If time permits, I may go up this Tuesday to check it out.
Do you see what's going on, it's change. The longer the changes improve.

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:43 pm

You should, Blood Bowl is fun.
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Randy
Whiteshield

Postby Randy » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:29 pm

Do you use fantasy models?
Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results.
George S. Patton

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:36 pm

You certainly can! My whole team is converted from Black Orcs and 40K Orks using a BfSP Troll.
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Gangrel767
Whiteshield

Postby Gangrel767 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:26 pm

I used Chaos Marauders for a majority of my norse team!

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Postby Kinne » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:42 pm

And there is an Ogre team. It's tricky to play, but I've been tempted more than once.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

rudeboyz
Recruit

Postby rudeboyz » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:12 pm

F.Y.I. i have special ordered the trophies for my own collection but i'd be more than happy to donate one or more if we could get some tournaments going. i'd be happy to help run a quick 3 or 4 game tourney if anyone is interested?

Return to “Event Suggestions”