Da Last hur-WAAAAGH!!!

Have an idea for an event? Post it here and get some feedback.
Dez
Storm Trooper

Da Last hur-WAAAAGH!!!

Postby Dez » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:51 pm

Oi you Gitz!

As some may know, Da Boyz is gonna get an update in the next few months. I been thinking, once it gets closer to the time...should we have a last Waaaagh!!!! in the honor of Phil Kelly and the great book we've had for 6+ years?

Basically my idea is show up with your Orks and we play a huge game, no holds barred! Painted stuff only, even if it's just basic, because I figure it would be a great event to document. Even if you only have a squad of Grots up to a massive Waaaaght that even Ol' Ghaz would be jealous of, bring it!

Don't play Orks, but think it might be fun? Come along! I know I personally have more Orks than I can play at one time, so the more the merrier.

I figure it would be fun to have a center objective all the Boyz are fighting for, and whoever is near it at games end calculates points. Say 1 point per squad. The one with the most points wins!

Perhaps to balance things out (say you only have a squad of Boyz) we introduce infinite reserves. If a unit is wiped off the board, it automatically comes back full strength next turn. This will not apply to superheavies/Lord of War.

IC's that are killed, leave them on their side. On a roll of a 6, they pop back up ready to fight again due to their Cybernetics/Passing Painboy/Power of da Waaagh.

Any other ideas? Who would want to play?
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Corwin
Veteran

Re: Da Last hur-WAAAAGH!!!

Postby Corwin » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:13 pm

I don't have any space orks but shat dose sound like fun
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with BS. If that doesn't work, riddle them with bullets.

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Postby J Rzasa » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:37 pm

There aren't many Ork players left around. In fact, you and Abdiel might be the only two. I'm not sure you have enough painted orks to go around.

Maybe an Apoc style game, Orks vs The World? Painted only?

~J

orkwarboss
Storm Trooper

Postby orkwarboss » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:23 pm

I can bring orks. Not sure how much painted.

Jason
Lion El’ Johnson – This one is an oldie but a goodie. Turns out he was a poet from the Victorian era who wrote a poem called ‘The Dark Angel’. He also was rumored to have quite the secret for those times.

Commander_Jay wrote:On the plus side, some of the rules and attacks are hilarious. My Gyrocopter can tilt its rotors and cut through people like a homicidal kitchen blender.

Return to “Event Suggestions”