Want to learn more about the game?

whytwolf
Lord General

Want to learn more about the game?

Postby whytwolf » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:49 pm

You've heard about. You've seen it played. Now find out more about it at: http://bg.battletech.com/

Then new springboard site features links to background information on the game and it's factions, plus free downloadable game material, blogs from the game development team, as well as a link the fourm where veterans and noobs discuss fluff, tactics, and miniatures.

This new portal also features links to the Master Unit List a very robust database that help the player develop their forces, Camospecs Online that features professionally painted examples of canon paint schemes, painting tutorials, and lots more. There is also a link to Iron Wind Metal, the licensed creator and distributor of all Battletech related miniatures as well as Battlecorps where (with a paid subscription) you can find a plethora of Battletech related fiction and scenarios, as well as purchase most sourcebooks and rulebooks both in print and in pdf.

I've been playing the game since 1999 and am an official Catalyst (Games) Demo Team agent; so feel free to ask me any questions about the game, the fluff, or for a demo of the game.
"It is the way of Fenris. We stay as long as we can. We fight as hard as we can. Kill as much as we can. Only when we can do no more, do we move on."

Kowal
Veteran

Re: Want to learn more about the game?

Postby Kowal » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:56 pm

I just bought the book last night. About 80 pages deep now. Looks like a lot of fun. I'll be borrowing either Garrett or Brett in the near future to learn the rules a bit, but then I'm all for shooting up your dudes (and occasionally hatcheting them in the bum) whenever there's space.

One suggestion though, I notice the game takes up very little space compared to Warhammer, Malifaux etc. A few people were annoyed there weren't tables to get other games going - could we start getting the BattleTech on the card tables instead of the minis tables?
This just goes to show: No matter how stupid and useless a weapon may look to you, some guy in Asia with too much time on his hands has figured out how to use it to kill five ninjas.

LemonTuesday
Whiteshield

Postby LemonTuesday » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:04 pm

This is true (if you're playing with one row of mapsheets.) The only problem is the record sheets take up more space than the boards.

whytwolf
Lord General

Postby whytwolf » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:26 am

LemonTuesday wrote:This is true (if you're playing with one row of mapsheets.) The only problem is the record sheets take up more space than the boards.

Very true, but I think that at least for the time being we need to be a bit more flexible since table space is at a premium. After the move things should be a lot better.
"It is the way of Fenris. We stay as long as we can. We fight as hard as we can. Kill as much as we can. Only when we can do no more, do we move on."

whytwolf
Lord General

Postby whytwolf » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:29 am

Kowal wrote:but then I'm all for shooting up your dudes (and occasionally hatcheting them in the bum) whenever there's space.

Looking forward to it ;). The more people playing the game the better I like it!

Return to “Battletech”