ToMG 2012 Plog - Dez

Dez
Storm Trooper

ToMG 2012 Plog - Dez

Postby Dez » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:55 am

I've started doing something a bit more ambitions, #thedailypaint. Basically, building or painting something every day even if it's just partial work. Miss a day? Then paint a full mini to make up for it.

So far this month I've done something every day, some of which I don't recall. But, I did:

Convert and paint Baron Sarthonyx (paint still needs more hiighlighting)

Converted a Duke Sliscus (still needs some detailing)

Converted a Haemonculus (Still needs some detailing)

Converted some blasters, and made a tutorial on how to do it:

http://thedarkcity.forummotion.com/t228 ... ast-pistol

I also built a Venom, 3 Raiders, 3 Reavers, 5-10 Trueborn.

Almost finished the Games Day 2011 Skaven Warlord

Tried out a test scheme for Blood Ravens:

I also base painted Hoarluk Doomshaper, which I'll have to take some pictures of.
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Dez
Storm Trooper

Re: ToMG 2012 Plog - Dez

Postby Dez » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:31 pm

Well I haven't been idle, but the going has been a little slow. I'm a slow, slow builder. I tend to want each little bit perfect, and I'll break down and rebuild something until I'm happy with it.

I've totally sculpted the torso on the Lord from Greenstuff. It's my first major foray, and while I know it isn't perfect I'm actually pretty happy...and surprised I could do it! I'm hoping to finish the rest asap while we have some priming weather, it's only details that are left now.

I kinda like the skull that the Sorcerer is carrying. I picture him just jabbering away, like a backstreet driver. "I told you to turn LEFT at the Hive City, now we're lost in the middle of Armageddon because of you! I told you we should have taken 2 Biomancy spells, but NOOO you wanted to go Pyromancy. Well look where it's gotten you now!". I also tried to sculpt a kind of cute lil pudgy Daemon on the back, to count as the Spell Familiar.

So here it is, still WIP. I also painted up a Lord for the Deathmatch this month...and won? FOR THE DARK GODS!

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:00 pm

The Lord looks really nice. I want to see those death guard bikers finished.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Commander_Jay
Lord Requisitioner

Postby Commander_Jay » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:14 pm

Very nice! Thats a nice looking Chaos model. Or, since they dont do "nice", he looks horrid!
-Commander Jay

"If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:46 pm

Hmm, it's 2013 now. I'm really far behind on this, I'm planning to have 1500 painted, based and tournament ready before the month is through. I'll also have most of a Renegade Guard army too, and I started with Infantry ;)

MaulerGiant

ADB

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:48 pm

PHOTODUMP!!!! Here is where I was at before I primed it.

And my favorite bit, and why I had to procrastinate:

ADB

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:49 pm

ADB

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:50 pm

Some painted bikers:

ADB

Return to “ToMG 2012”