Corwin's TOMG 2014

This years Tale of Many Gamers Forum
Corwin
Veteran

Re: Corwin's TOMG 2014

Postby Corwin » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:39 pm

It seems I'm the only one who likes them but here is my first finished ogryn.

http://imgur.com/krOtogd
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with BS. If that doesn't work, riddle them with bullets.

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:27 pm

I've always loved ogryns but sadly they have never really worked well as a shooting or close combat unit.

I like the use of ogre bulls as a conversion.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Corwin
Veteran

Postby Corwin » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:58 pm

I really hate the GW ones. I hope if there are new ones they get a face lift
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with BS. If that doesn't work, riddle them with bullets.

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Postby J Rzasa » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:02 am

I like Ogryns, both the models and the way they work on the table top. They are a great tar pit, especially with a Ld10 Commissar. Sure, they won't win many combats, but they will hold a flank for a couple turns with their high toughness and lots of wounds.

I've got mine primed and waiting to be painted, I may have to give them some paint.

You're conversion looks fantastic. I'm excited to see the rest of the squad.

~J

Corwin
Veteran

Postby Corwin » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:44 am

They have done good things for me in the past, I usually field them this a LC or Yarric. Let them take the hits and the Commissar with the fist dose any killing to be done

Corwin
Veteran

Postby Corwin » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:23 pm

With my normal painting A D D I painted up my 2nd leman Russ. The one with the commander is my original the other is my new one.
http://imgur.com/D009lfK
http://imgur.com/YrkL6aW

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Postby J Rzasa » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:23 pm

Don't worry about Painting ADD. Painting anything is always a step in the right direction, especially if it's an army you're actively playing. Having 2 40k Armies, 3 Fantasy Armies, 2 Malifaux Crews, 7 Blood Bowl Teams, a company of Battle Mechs, a Huge Reaper Bones order, and 2 more incoming Kickstarters (Wrath of Kings and Arena Rex), I can tell you that it can pile up and become daunting.

That being said, anything that reduces the pile is a huge help.

Tanks look good. You going to make the Tournament on the 30th? It's totally worth showing up for 3 guaranteed games. It's great experience even if you don't think you have a chance to win.

~J

Corwin
Veteran

Postby Corwin » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:57 am

I am going to the turny, this is the longest I've ever stayed focused on one army. Maybe once I start playing fantasy I'll get back to painting my other ones.

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:25 am

Hey Corwin!

I just wanted to start out with a bit of advice on pics. You can embed them right into your post, so no links need to be clicked on (yes, people are that lazy/paranoid). Simply use the brackets [] at the start and end of your pic url, and in the first one put IMG and the second /IMG. So it would be something like *[img]thisismypicurl.com[/img] (without the *).

You've got a really good painting foundation going on! Your painting is very clean, and you seem to have a good eye for color as well. I think washes are a natural progression, and will bring you up to the next level. Some people call it magic in a paint pot, and they aren't far off ;)

A wash will add shading and shadows to your model. This helps to increase the depth, it's a trick of the eye. Another way to increase this depth is to add a highlight, which is a shade brighter than your basecoat.

Both these steps can be a little daunting without seeing it done. I kinda just went for it when I first started, and I guess I got lucky ;)

I'm certainly not the best painter around, but I know my way around a paintbrush and I'm always happy to foster the community. I'll be at the Tournament, and I'd be able to help you out a bit then if you like.

By the way, I like your Ogryn conversion!
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Corwin
Veteran

Postby Corwin » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:01 am

Let's see if this works

Return to “ToMG 2014”