Dez ToMG 2014 - Skaven (RATS!)

This years Tale of Many Gamers Forum
AdamL
Whiteshield

Re: Dez ToMG 2014 - Skaven (RATS!)

Postby AdamL » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:46 pm

Snazzzy
"Shoot the choppy and chop the shooty"

Guide to being an ork: Learn it, live it so you don't muck about!
http://matthewfarrer.files.wordpress.co ... wchart.png
Ork Taktikz
http://i.imgur.com/gKcI5cI.jpg

You can never have enough dakka for it is like the speed of light. You can come close but you can never attain it.

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:19 pm

Hmm, I've painted more Boyz but forgot to update.

4 more Boyz done to tabletop. I'm getting excited about the book coming out, can't wait to play some games with it and report back my findings.

What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Postby J Rzasa » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:45 pm

Rock and roll dude. Looking forward to you getting that army finished, and all your vehicles detailed. Your force is going to look amazing.

~J

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 am

I've been slowly working on my Morkanaut, Stompy Junior, and last night I sat down and got the lion's share of the work done. I've still got some detailing to put in, and I've got to think about how I'm going to work out some more support for it but this was my vision for it.

I did not like this model when I first saw it. It just looked derpy. So I had to think about what would make it better, and I figured it out. Those stompy feet needed to be working! So I figured I'd make a bit of a diorama out of it, with the Morkanaut destroying some Space Marines beneath it's feet. Having the Marine in the Klaw was an afterthought, but I really like how it came out. The number one thing I needed was the squished grot. Now I knew I had at least 2 of these in my bits, and I just couldn't find them. I scoured and scoured. I do have a sealed Giant kit I could have opened, but decided to buy one off of eBay. Wouldn't you know not 10 minutes after I paid for my order, I found one!

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:39 am

Nice work, I really like that you positioned it to look more dynamic than the standard positioning of it. Can't wait to see it painted up.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

orkwarboss
Storm Trooper

Postby orkwarboss » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:04 pm

Did you build it for only use as Mork or do you have dual Gork use out of it??
Lion El’ Johnson – This one is an oldie but a goodie. Turns out he was a poet from the Victorian era who wrote a poem called ‘The Dark Angel’. He also was rumored to have quite the secret for those times.

Commander_Jay wrote:On the plus side, some of the rules and attacks are hilarious. My Gyrocopter can tilt its rotors and cut through people like a homicidal kitchen blender.

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:11 pm

I only built it to be a Morkanaut.

A couple pics from the side, I hadn't glued the Klaw arm. Moving it forward a bit made it look more like he's stompin' and less like he's catching a fly ball beakie.

ADB

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:02 pm

I've failed to count my totals for months now, and haven't been posting as much as usual. I need to fix this ;)

I am getting ready for the upcoming Warhammer Fantasy tournament in November, and I'm looking to have my Skaven completely done. Painted, Based, Highlighted, Board, the whole works. I don't care if I lose every game, get called names and have to play vs 40k armies. I'm out to have the best looking army I can and have it be complete. So of course I'm going with a Horde army like Skaven. Because I must be punishing myself for always having at least one gray model.

Lil Doomrocket conversion I've been working on

ADB

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:03 pm

Nice work on the skaven. Also makes me realize I haven't sent out the form for the month of August. I will remedy that tonight or tomorrow. Sorry for dropping the ball guys.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:48 pm

A Screaming Bell for your viewing pleasure! I spent WAY too many hours on this, but I think it came out well. Of course every time I look at it, I see more things I can do. What do you think? What would you do to improve it? I'm open to critique...which is why I post this :) Critique makes you better!

ADB

Return to “ToMG 2014”