Session 1 (July 27-Aug 11)

A location for people to post league results and photos of completed models.
Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Session 1 (July 27-Aug 11)

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:44 am

Pairings for the first session of the grow league are posted below. All games should be played at 30 Soulstones and players can agree to use either the standard strategies and schemes or the Gaining grounds 2016 set. You can post results in this thread, or through PM or email.

Pairings:
Kevin (Brewmaster) v Dez (Ophilia)
Steve (Zoraida) v. Jonah (Hoffman)
Kowal (Tara) v John (Shenlong)
Corwin (McMourning) v Shawn (Marcus)
Jason (Viks) v Tony B (Marcus)
Allen (Lynch) v Natasha (Pandora)

Players are welcome to play games at any location and also get one challenge game this session. The first challenge game you play will be counted, but you can play against multiple players to ensure those who want challenge games can get them in. Also players can get their guilders after submitting the first results for the league.

The limited edition stat card will go to the player who is playing the master in the league.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Re: Session 1 (July 27-Aug 11)

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:53 pm

I played my first challenge game against Steve. Zoraida v Brewmaster was a tough match up. Steve pulled off a 7-5 win.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

WildBorr
Veteran

Postby WildBorr » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:57 pm

I was successful at the game of I can make you do stuff I want you to do better than you can make me do stuff you want me to do. If that sounds confusing, that's because it was a confusing game.

Kowal
Veteran

Postby Kowal » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:54 pm

Got my scheduled game in with John. We flipped Collect the Bounty, and I decided to just take a couple durable and expensive murderers. Team Tara, Bishop, Taelor, and Hannah was successful in Operation Punch-the-crap-out-of-kung-fu-nerds 2: Electric Boogaloo. Ended 4-0 in my favor.
This just goes to show: No matter how stupid and useless a weapon may look to you, some guy in Asia with too much time on his hands has figured out how to use it to kill five ninjas.

Solicitor 6
Whiteshield

Postby Solicitor 6 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:23 am

Confirming Ben's results in our game. Shenlong and Yu were less kung-fu masters and more two losers who pick a fight just after seeing a kung fu movie.
The best way to figure out where you come from, is to figure out where you're going and work your way backwards. -The Doctor

cidewithme
Whiteshield

Postby cidewithme » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:38 pm

Tony and I flipped Headhunter in Marcus Vs. Viks. In a bout of each using our respective masters semi-timidly for the first time, we still ended up obliterating most of each other's crews turns 2 and 3. In the end, Marcus and his immortal Jackelope stood alone on a pile of Sabertooth (why does it only drop 1?) and Victoria heads, but my lone Ronin was able to effectively pee on Marcus's turf 3 times before stabbing her wakizashi through her solar plexus and into her heart in an attempt to keep Vik of Ashes alive. However, Red Joker...

I took the game closely 3-2.
'This is the age of total digitalisation; everything is online always.'
'Uh huh, and that's why our politicians are pure and clean, and the world works so well, is it? Because everybody knows everything and there's no hiding place.
Peter F. Hamilton

Solicitor 6
Whiteshield

Postby Solicitor 6 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:16 pm

In a challenge game, Shenlong and Sensai Yu went up to their green belts and were able to rally to defeat Corwin's McMourning 8-4.

At the end of Turn 5, McMourning was up 4-2, but just like any good Kung Fu movie, fortune intervened to keep things going, allowing Shenlong to tap into his chi and come out on top.
The best way to figure out where you come from, is to figure out where you're going and work your way backwards. -The Doctor

Corwin
Veteran

Postby Corwin » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:12 am

Confirming John's results, we took turns flipping the red joker to see if the game continues
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with BS. If that doesn't work, riddle them with bullets.

Commander_Jay
Lord Requisitioner

Postby Commander_Jay » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:41 pm

Steve and I played our match. I won, 7 to 4.

Guild Armor and an angry Hound proved to be too much for the swamp monsters.
But the real winner was the hilarious luck. Black jokes a plenty. Even a black joker into a red joker. Ones when you needed thirteens, and vice versa. A very powerful flashlight the Watcher carriers, flipping a pile of severe cards, to do one mighty damage.
And I used his trigger to look at the next card in my deck, and then forgot it... So I used it, burning a 12 with a good trigger, to cast a spell that needed only a 2 or higher. Rather than use it to attack.
Luckily for me, Zoraida caught most of the black jokers, and a huge hand of cards that must have all been very low numbers.
(Right Steve? I forgot to ask, but after you had that huge hand it seemed like you didn't have anything to cheat with next turn).
-Commander Jay

"If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

WildBorr
Veteran

Postby WildBorr » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:19 pm

Confirmed Jonah's report. I just had no answer for high armor, and the one time I had the Peacekeeper Focused, and Obeyed, with the Red Joker my hand for the damage cheat, I flip the Black Joker on the attack. It just went downhill from there. Also, the one hand I got to draw 6 extra cards from Bewitch, high card of a 10 and the next highest was a 7, and just lower from there.

Return to “Malifaux Summer Grow League”