Round 1 pairings

Corwin
Veteran

Re: Round 1 pairings

Postby Corwin » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:40 pm

I can do next Wednesday or ether day next weekend
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with BS. If that doesn't work, riddle them with bullets.

Corwin
Veteran

Postby Corwin » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:53 pm

Misaki can be quite evasive when she wants to. When that big thing went from almost dead to barely hurt I was worried I could kill her before turn 4, but my stiched managed to take her down. Then last turn when I turned them into a Teddy that ate your ninja! They tend to pull their weight for me most of the time, the ++ helps.
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with BS. If that doesn't work, riddle them with bullets.

Solicitor 6
Whiteshield

Postby Solicitor 6 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:44 am

Jonah,

Are you free this Sunday (September 18th)? I'm free pretty much during the day, earlier is always better for me.
The best way to figure out where you come from, is to figure out where you're going and work your way backwards. -The Doctor

cidewithme
Whiteshield

Postby cidewithme » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:35 am

Confirming Ben's report. Lynch and Tara decided to play king of the hill next to some height 5 cylinders filled with Guild Scrip and Brilliance. A Beckoner was able to isolate The Nothing Beast turn 1 for Lynch to vaporize, and then Lynch took a steady stream of models down each turn after being shot three times by a teenager with rusty prosthetics. Bishop avenged the monster only to have the Hungering darkness emerge from his Brilliance-addled mind. Ridding himself of Shen Long's meddlesome protege, who was quickly murdered, Lynch was able to throw a party and pay off some of his staggering debt with the value of goods and scrip in the stash, lying to the Oyuban about how much was actually there.

Kevin, I think I can hire someone to cover for me on Thursday and can get in any time after 3:00, unless 7:00 works, as my shift would end at 6:15.
'This is the age of total digitalisation; everything is online always.'
'Uh huh, and that's why our politicians are pure and clean, and the world works so well, is it? Because everybody knows everything and there's no hiding place.
Peter F. Hamilton

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:15 am

Jason: I could do next Thursday at 3, but dont want you to have to hire someone to cover. Would a day the following week work out easier?
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

cidewithme
Whiteshield

Postby cidewithme » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:51 pm

Kevin: Thursday at 3 is good for me. I'm only cooking lunch that morning.
'Uh huh, and that's why our politicians are pure and clean, and the world works so well, is it? Because everybody knows everything and there's no hiding place.
Peter F. Hamilton

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:26 pm

Hey jason would you still have time tomorrow if we started at 4? I have to stay at work until 3
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Corwin
Veteran

Postby Corwin » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:30 pm

Jonah and I had our game, we stoped before turn 5 with a score of 6-3 Jonah winning. Unless he let a 3 year old play for him as he went to get dinner I would only likely score 2 more points so we called it there. It would have been a bit closer if his dang peacekeeper wound die, I had the thing tied up to near uselessness and it runs away getting him well out of way for "a quick murder".

cidewithme
Whiteshield

Postby cidewithme » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:28 pm

I'm down for 4.
Peter F. Hamilton

cidewithme
Whiteshield

Postby cidewithme » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:52 pm

Kevin and I threw down for our game this month. Kevin played an all-star Thunder's Misaki crew with Yu, Yamaziko, Lone Swordsman, a TT Bro, Sheng, and a Katanaka Sniper, while I fielded an almost all Neverborn TT Lynch list with a Beckoner, Illuminated, Graves, Huggy, 2 Depleted, and a Doppleganger Sensei Yu. It turns out that Lynch was betraying key Thunder's stashes to some of his more Darkened associates. With the Thunders' ears in all place, it wasn't long before the Oyuban sent his daughter to catch Lynch in the act. After digging in for an early Quick Murder on Doppleganger Sensei Yu and a KO on Huggy, Misaki tied up most of my crew and seemed to have Show of Force and Guard the stash locked down with Yamaziko and the Lone Swordsman at one stash marker and a TT Bro at the other. When Lynch was finally able on turn 4 to ressurect Huggy from Misaki's cold, dead, brilliantly glowing corpse, the tables started to shift. With Graves and an Illuminated taking down Yamaziko and the Lone Swordsman, I was able to deny Guard the Stash and set up 2 points for my own Show of Force. In the end, down 5 to Kevin's 7, I was able to slow Sensei Yu with Lynch and maneuver Huggy away from a TT Bro with a lucky Consume Brilliance drawing out the Bro's last high card, setting up Huggy for an extra Show of Force point and two Undercover Entourage points.

We finished 8-7 in my favor. It was a very close game, and I am actually surprised I was able to pull out the win in the end.
Peter F. Hamilton

Return to “East coast Malifaux League”