Chain Email - Don't Delete!! X==+===

London
Whiteshield

Chain Email - Don't Delete!! X==+===

Postby London » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:13 am

remember that shit? lol... I can't even f'in type I'm giggling to myself so bad. hold on...
OK
so I was thinking at the shop today, while talking to stores and renewing my Club Membership and getting my fancy laminated card... who's been around since before the Age of Days, so to speak? I mean, I been kicking around since the shop was across the street, but, as I'd asked of Stores, who remembers the 131 when it <i>was<\i> the 131?

My idea:
List of persons in order from when they starting coming to the 131/otw Hadley... see if this catches on...

London
Take black the Knight. M
There are seven kinds of Darkness 7 - just like before.

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Re: Chain Email - Don't Delete!! X==+===

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:03 am

Your list of dates goes back a bit too far. The store opened in July/Aug of 2006 or 2007. Can't remember which for the life of me. Damn now I am feeling old.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Commander_Jay
Lord Requisitioner

Postby Commander_Jay » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:22 am

Kevin, do you have a records or copies that could tell us? Now that we've gone on for so long we should aim to keep a small history.

For things like the pre-history era of other stores and the GW store. The opening of OTW, the formation of the 131 club, etc.

That means it's 10 or 11 years this summer! Who would've thought it!
-Commander Jay

"If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:35 am

Yeah I have records at home. Ill search around tonight, and post up what I have.

For me it dates back to playing blood bowl and magic at the dragon's lair when in middle school 20 years ago.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:22 pm

I went into OtW for the Grand Opening :)

I was also around when GW opened in the Holyoke Mall, I believe I was working at Sunglass Hut right across the way. I'm a recovering Magic Player, so I used to obsess over cards all the time when it was slow at work. I liked the way things looked with it all, and bought a Third Edition Rulebook :)

I also remember The Dragons Lair. I used to buy lots of comics and Magic cards there. I'd also spend tons of time just looking at all the blisters of Warhammer models. I always liked the Dwarfs the best, came close to buying some many times. I don't recall if I ever went to the Springfield/East Longmeadow border one, but definitely did when they opened on Route 5.

I still remember the first time I saw people playing 40k in the 90's. I was absolutely enthralled, and was seriously considering diving in right at that moment. While I was perusing the shelves, I heard the kids that were playing getting into a debate about charts and math and blah blah blah...it just made it sound too convoluted and not fun, so I passed at that point but window shopped often after that point.
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Return to “Off Topic”