Luchador Test List

hordeling
Whiteshield

Re: Luchador Test List

Postby hordeling » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:53 am

That team is going to spend a lot of time on the mat. you could conceivably give the line dorks ag access as well, then they would almost be playable around 1.4 mil. Then you are getting dangerously close to playing frogs, however.

only issue is replacing a 10 k starting skill in dirty player with a 20 k starting skill in pile-on kicks those guys up in price, but they may still be worth it.
Why hasn't anyone invented good rocket skates yet?

Kowal
Veteran

Postby Kowal » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:56 am

Actually it won't change the price. Dirty Player is a 20k skill and I paid full price. The cheap one is Leap because Leap is cheap for players with Ag3 or lower.
This just goes to show: No matter how stupid and useless a weapon may look to you, some guy in Asia with too much time on his hands has figured out how to use it to kill five ninjas.

Kowal
Veteran

Postby Kowal » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:48 pm

So far the roster is very interesting! The dice have been uncooperative but I think the list is really fun and I'm enjoying watching it melt down in to a total disaster on the field.

Giving the Tecnicos access to the four schools of skills was a great idea. They have become the most interesting players on the team very quickly and they seem best suited for developing down dramatically different paths, making them unique characters on their own.

The Exoticos are surprising, because on paper I think they're the best players on the team but they are walking failure machines. I love them, and they're hilarious, but oh man they are awful.

The Rudos are probably overpriced. They're quite terrible. They probably make more sense at 40k, possibly dropping movement to balance it if necessary.
This just goes to show: No matter how stupid and useless a weapon may look to you, some guy in Asia with too much time on his hands has figured out how to use it to kill five ninjas.

G-Bread
Whiteshield

Postby G-Bread » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:57 pm

I think they are fine where they are. Same stat line as a Norse Lineman or Amazon Linewoman. With wrestle pretty much being the cousin of block it makes the same player. Linemen aren't meant to be good. They are meant to get punched in the face.
You have been Governated!

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:44 am

The big difference is with block or dodge your player remains on their feet providing a tackle zone. I may feel different after playing the team but wrestle is an inferior skill to block or dodge in many cases.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

G-Bread
Whiteshield

Postby G-Bread » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:05 am

I agree completely agree with you on a defensive stance. but on offense, wrestle also allows you to do what dodge & block cant do and that is open lanes. is two players have block they just stand there looking at each other. Throw wrestle in there now they both go down without ending the turn and you just took away tackle zones. This team can lay half you team on the pitch on its turn then run the ball up field and when you take your turn you're spending it standing them up and losing 3 MV. This could be real painful for slow moving teams. Guess it all depends on your play style.
You have been Governated!

Kowal
Veteran

Postby Kowal » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:29 am

That also relies on either using your blitz to open lanes, which your ball carrier often could already do, or marking a bunch of guys with your wrestlers - which have armor 7. Both strategies are not very strong.

That said, it's hard to say how the dynamic changes at higher TVs. When you've built a passing Tecnico, when you have ball carrier Exoticos, and when you're loading up the bottom end of the roster with dirty player Rudos, and your opponents are trying to stack block to beat the squishy teams - you'll feel pretty good about yourself. Maybe? I dunno.

As I said above, the dice have been uncooperative so my results are worse than I think are warranted, but there's no question that at early stages in team development it's in the lower tiers.

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:33 am

I'm excited to play against them.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Kowal
Veteran

Postby Kowal » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:24 pm

So far:

Team is absurdly fun, and definitely lands somewhere in the lower end of power levels which is pretty much exactly what I was hoping for. We discussed the Completo today as he's not really exactly where I want him, and Josh's suggestion that he come with Pile On instead of Mighty Blow is one I like and will probably make true once the farm league is over.

Return to “Bloodbowl”