NAF to remove LRB at end of June

Slimnoid
Hardened Vet

NAF to remove LRB at end of June

Postby Slimnoid » Wed May 11, 2016 9:37 am

http://www.thenaf.net/blood-bowl/rules/

GW have asked us to remove them in anticipation of the new rules being released, so that players who are new to the game do not get confused.

The CRP will continue to be used at NAF tournaments until further notice, but the document will be removed from thenaf.net at the end of June 2016, as it is a GW document. Therefore please do download it for personal use before then.

This is a little worrying about places like Yaktribe. Nothing really dies or goes away on the internet, but having a central hub for the rules and for community-driven improvements is much more convenient than trawling Mega or 4chan.
Bring me your finest coffee!

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Re: NAF to remove LRB at end of June

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Wed May 11, 2016 11:10 am

It is nice of GW to give them a little time to prep for it though. Their standard MO has simply been 'remove our ip now'. I am curious to see if there will be a transition to a new rules set. I would assume they would IF GW does not try to reinvent the game. It is probably their most balanced, thought out and complete rules set for a GW game (Could be the result of not being substantially updated since the 90's though).
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Officer_Nasty
Recruit

Postby Officer_Nasty » Wed May 11, 2016 11:29 am

My biggest concern about GW re-launching Blood Bowl is that they take a big GW dump all over a really functional rules set for the sake of selling models.

Fingers crossed...but, I'm not hopeful on this one...
"Even at his most powerless, man's existence is never without meaning."

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Wed May 11, 2016 12:09 pm

I'm actually starting to come back around with GW's positive direction in the new leadership.
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Kowal
Veteran

Postby Kowal » Wed May 11, 2016 1:15 pm

Officer_Nasty wrote:My biggest concern about GW re-launching Blood Bowl is that they take a big GW dump all over a really functional rules set for the sake of selling models.

Fingers crossed...but, I'm not hopeful on this one...

My sentiments exactly.
This just goes to show: No matter how stupid and useless a weapon may look to you, some guy in Asia with too much time on his hands has figured out how to use it to kill five ninjas.

G-Bread
Whiteshield

Postby G-Bread » Wed May 11, 2016 2:31 pm

Prepare for the Age of Sigmar "touch". Fun while it lasted
You have been Governated!

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Postby J Rzasa » Wed May 11, 2016 5:06 pm

I think Warhammer Quest will be a good measuring stick. Supposedly the guy who updated Warhammer Quest went on a bunch of message boards to see what the biggest gripes were and took generally accepted house rules on how to fix them when he edited the rules. If they did something similar with Blood Bowl it could be really good.

Remember, the Forgeworld team is responsible for this. Forgeworld has been surprisingly good at releasing decent rules, even when they could make some ridiculously overpowered rule set to sell tons of resin models.

That being said, I wouldn't put a bet on it not being a train wreck.

~J

Return to “Bloodbowl”