Farm League Kickoff

Kowal
Veteran

Farm League Kickoff

Postby Kowal » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:32 pm

Good afternoon Blood Bowl fans! The PVSN is proud to report that the PVBBL's developmental farm league season is beginning June 24th. For those unfamiliar, the farm league is open to all participants regardless of skill level and features no schedule commitments. Coaches may manage multiple teams and experienced coaches are encouraged to develop some low-quality rosters to help new coaches learn the game.

Rosters are constructed using the new team roster rules from Living Rulebook 6 (all rookies, 1 million gold crowns, etc)

Games are not officially scheduled, so just play when you can play! The only restriction is that each team can only play each other team once.

Coaches can play each other more than once provided they have multiple teams to play.

There are no experimental rules on the block this year, so please ensure you're using the vanilla LRB rules as written for pre and post-game. MVPs are completely random, winnings are just d6+FAME+win, etc.

All teams in the LRB as well as the usual 3-team supplement are legal, as well as those previously tested in farm leagues (Slaanesh, Tzeentch, Luchadors, and Bretonnians all come to mind.)

At the end of the farm league season (approximately 8 weeks after it starts) the farm league playoffs will begin! Eligible teams will have played at least 3 games, and the four teams with the best win percentages will be invited to compete. The playoffs will be single elimination.

Teams played in the farm league are eligible to be brought in to the PVBBL in the fall, provided their coach can cut enough salaries to fit under the salary cap.
This just goes to show: No matter how stupid and useless a weapon may look to you, some guy in Asia with too much time on his hands has figured out how to use it to kill five ninjas.

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Re: Farm League Kickoff

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:48 pm

Sweet! vacation starts the 21st and the Amazons want to hit the pitch this farm season.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

cidewithme
Whiteshield

Postby cidewithme » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:45 pm

One of my oldest friends is getting married that day, and the next is my birthday. This no schedule commitment thing is awesome, though. Drizzt's Droogs will hit the pitch fashionably late after plane-hopping over to Cyroddil to get some skooma to help with the witchelf's kill frenzy.

As a side note, I am borrowing Josh's unpainted Dark Elves, and I am short two Blitzers for my roster. I'm not so much a fan of the Black Scorpion elf sculpts, which are all I've found at the store. I am actually considering carving a team from wood, as a fair number of my trees just fell, but unfortunately one of said trees severely damaged my tool shop. Are there any easier options available like a team to borrow or something?
'This is the age of total digitalisation; everything is online always.'
'Uh huh, and that's why our politicians are pure and clean, and the world works so well, is it? Because everybody knows everything and there's no hiding place.
Peter F. Hamilton

Kowal
Veteran

Postby Kowal » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:11 pm

Just a reminder, you lovely nerds you. We get started this week! You don't have to be at the shop or even play a game on Saturday to get in to the league - that's simply the earliest you can play games and have them count for the season.

I will be looking for games-a-plenty from just about anyone who wants to play, and I'm happy to teach new folks how to roll dice and subsequently malign them. I may have people over to drink margaritas and play over the weekend, if there's demand for it (and I have time)
This just goes to show: No matter how stupid and useless a weapon may look to you, some guy in Asia with too much time on his hands has figured out how to use it to kill five ninjas.

Kowal
Veteran

Postby Kowal » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:56 am

Just a reminder, this weekend is your last chance to get in some farm league games! Once the weekend is over we'll set up for a farm league playoff and begin registration for the real league.

Return to “Bloodbowl”