2 day tournament in CT

Discussions and events for the Wyrd Miniatures skirmish game Malifaux
Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

2 day tournament in CT

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:01 am

There is a 2 day tournament coming up the first weekend of December being run by Blaine Williams (he's been at most of the larger tournaments in the area for a number of years). He is planning on a 5 round event 3 rounds on Sat and 2 on Sun. Prizes are being done as a raffle. My only real concern at this point, and I am going to be checking in with him is a $30.00 entrance fee, and the prizes look to be out of a Wyrd event kit. I will update if I get any more information about the event or prize structure. It would be great to get some players from our area to go down and check it out.

http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/132169-faux-faux-faux-east-windsor-ct/
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Ynysley
Whiteshield

Re: 2 day tournament in CT

Postby Ynysley » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:21 am

I'm planning on going! And I can offer rides to anyone near Easthampton that might want to carpool.

cidewithme
Whiteshield

Postby cidewithme » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:13 pm

I'd be all over this if I can get off work. I don't really like raffles for prize support, though, cause even if they are stacked for placing higher in the tournament you can sometimes walk away with very little for the money and the finish. I'll know a little closer to the event what my kitchen team looks like, how busy the weekend will be, and whether I can take two days off.
'This is the age of total digitalisation; everything is online always.'
'Uh huh, and that's why our politicians are pure and clean, and the world works so well, is it? Because everybody knows everything and there's no hiding place.
Peter F. Hamilton

Commander_Jay
Lord Requisitioner

Postby Commander_Jay » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:49 pm

Yeah, I decided to avoid raffle prizing. After two events where I finished first, and with the most tickets, but was unlucky in the raffle and ended up with no prize.
And then another at TempleCon, where they messed up the rankings and I tied with another person for first place (we were both undefeated, but they paired winners against losers due to a bad phone app). And we both won nothing, again despite having the most tickets. I even flooded one cheap prize, so about 17 out of 18 tickets were mine.

Calling these events a tournament is mis-labeling them. They're open play events, with a fee and raffle prizes.

So, no thanks!

(And don't get me wrong, I love Malifaux, most events, all the players, etc. I just think these aren't tournaments).
-Commander Jay

"If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Return to “Malifaux”