TFL session 3

Discussions and events for the Wyrd Miniatures skirmish game Malifaux
Solicitor 6
Whiteshield

Re: TFL session 3

Postby Solicitor 6 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:17 am

Atticus,

You free for our game this Wednesday (the 29th)? I'm available from 4:30pm onwards.

Running about 45 minutes late. Will be there some time after 5.
The best way to figure out where you come from, is to figure out where you're going and work your way backwards. -The Doctor

cidewithme
Whiteshield

Postby cidewithme » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:46 am

"I don't like those witchlings or their Handler, hermana," Francisco blurted, eyes darting furtively over the tanks and bombed-out buildings of an old factory in the quarantine zone.
"We need the Witched Bullets from Criid. She's got stipulations. Things have changed," Perdita's eyes were like two coal black mirrors, her hands steady as she trained her pistols around the curves of a tank. "Hermano, the other side. They are trying to flank us. Take the Handler."
Francisco swore under his breath as he motioned to the Witchling Handler. "Time to earn our pay, bruja"

As Perdita picked off a Thunder's Brother sneaking around a tank, she saw a swarm of oni overtaking the Handler and two of her hunters. "Merda! How can she be back!? I put a bullet between her eyes myself. Papa, that way. Francisco, get back, it's a trap. Grab the informant"

Perdita and Francisco regrouped, pulling along the informant they were sent to extract as the Witchling Hunters pushed their way towards Asami Tanaka. "That way, I'm going to kill her once and for all," Perdita said as she picked off a Monk. "Francisco, go after the Sensei, he's behind this; I'm sure."
Carnage and death rained around Perdita and Francisco. Several large blasts reported from Papa Loco's direction, and several limbs and gore pattered the gravel around them along with a strange puppet head.

Asami felt the bullets from a far away place, as the maw stretched out, eating a stunted humanoid with an oddly broken sword. Some instinct in her screamed "Run!" as she felt Amanjaku dis-incorporate and more bullets and slashes cut through her body. "My time is only borrowed anyway," she mouthed, taking cover behind a large building. A flash or orange streaked past her through a hail of bullets, and a its large club was soon a mist of the Witchling Handler's red blood. There again were those eyes, cold as steel, sure, focused, windows to revelation. "We'll meet again, Gunslinger," Asami cackled, spewing one last minion towards Perdita. She saw Ototo hit the gravel as she dissolved back through the pool to nothingness. Somewhere in the darkness, she heard a soothing whisper.

"Well, no one else alive means no one else to pay out. It's more bullets for us, mi hermano," Perdita smiled through the slight smoke issuing from her pistols. She blew, spinning her pistols back into their holsters.

After a close game, where Jonah dodged Asami's upgrades that rely on the opponent scoring VP rather handily, he was able to put it away 8-4 with 4 points scored on turn five.

Congratulations to Jonah as our new league champion!
'This is the age of total digitalisation; everything is online always.'
'Uh huh, and that's why our politicians are pure and clean, and the world works so well, is it? Because everybody knows everything and there's no hiding place.
Peter F. Hamilton

Solicitor 6
Whiteshield

Postby Solicitor 6 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:13 am

"Chuga-chuga-chuga-chuga...sigh, how much further is it?"

Seamus adjusted the blood-soaked engineer cap on his head as he looked down the tracks. The little game of playing train party (him, Sybelle, a doxy, a couple of belles, and the Copycat Killer in an equally blood soaked conductor hat playing caboose) had lost some of its luster. Perhaps he shouldn't have killed the whole train so quickly. Maybe he should have kept the engineer alive long enough to get them where they needed to go. But then again, he wouldn't have been able to wear the nifty new hat for as long.

Chiaki floated up beside him. "It's not much further, now. The woman we seek should be near as we are approaching the split in the tracks."

Seamus turned toward the ethereal girl from the Three Kingdoms. 'Why do we need her, again? I don't remember Nicky mentioning anything about this girl."

Slithering entrails tapped him on the shoulder and he turned to look into the dead eyes of Yin. "The mysteries of information..."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah" Seamus waved her off. The last thing he needed was another boring speech. He preferred the dead because they didn't talk so much. Or at least, they used to.

The dismissal of Yin's speech allowed Seamus to hear the sound of metal on metal. He saw a large man with a top knot placing a hand cart on the tracks. Was that a gremlin then tinkering with the cart, attempting to motorize it? And was that a mechanical pig standing next to him? Oh yeah, and there was the lady Chiaki mentioned, talking to a woman in rail worker gear.

"This is unexpected." Chiaki mused.

"Eh, no big deal." Seamus turned to his belles. "Girls, if you wouldn't mind taking the long routes to round them up?" The dead hookers started shuffling off in opposite directions. "And my sweet little ballerina," he said as facing the Doxy, "if you would be kind to...what's that whistling sound?"

An explosion consumed the Doxy. When the smoke and gravel cleared, Seamus saw his lovely undead performer covered in flames. Before he could stop her, Sybelle went moving towards the target and group of rail workers, drawing the attention of the woman and the big man. His pleas were cut off by the distinct crack of a gunshot that nailed the Doxy in an eye. A killing shot for anything living. Seamus watched the gunman run from his place of cover to a closer, still secured position. The gremlin then took a plate off the automaton swine and strapped it to the big man before walking right up to Sybelle and knocking her upside the head without giving her a second look.

"Wait a minute. That's not how gremlins usually react to her." Seamus was puzzled. He then looked over at Chiaki and Yin. "Well? You two going to do anything?"

The two ancestors looked at each other and spread out. Seamus dipped into a shadow and brought himself into the fray, taking shots at whoever he could. While the miner went down relatively easily and the mechanized pig's brain seized up in the presence of the Hatter, the gunsmith ducked Seamus's shot and revealed a hidden pistol. The Copycat Killer was soon at Seamus's side, but he couldn't get a bead on the gunsmith either. Then the woman, who he saw with a series of metal claws on her fingers, tore into Sybelle, again paying no mind that she was an undead abomination of a former bordello madam.

"What is going on?" Seamus watched as his Doxy fell to the ground, a burning pile of flesh and bones. A pair of bullets punctured him. Turning to face the gunsmith, he was stunned at the calm look in the man's eyes. There was clarity and confidence. Something Seamus rarely saw.

"Do you know who I am?" Seamus screamed hysterically. He looked over to Madam Sybelle who for some reason had happily taken a stick of lit dynamite from a crazed looking shirtless man with a wheelbarrow full of the stuff. The crazed look in the face was not the usual one of terror he was used to, though.

"Give me that." Seamus grabbed the dynamite from Sybelle and licked his fingers before extinguishing the wick. When he turned back to chide her, he noticed she was holding a second one with a much shorter fuse. There was a blinding flash and then Sybelle was no more. On top of that, Seamus was covered in viscera, soot, burns, and on fire himself. As the ringing in his ears started to clear, he began to hear the endless stream of encouragement for his enemies coming from someone.

"A little help?" Seamus cried looking at Chiaki, who played her pipe, extinguishing the flames and clearing up some of Seamus's wounds. He looked to Yin, who just sat atop the tool shed. Sighing in frustration, Seamus drew his revolver and plugged the nutjob with the dynamite. The man went down, but the impact of the shot caused him to push his wheelbarrow toward Seamus. With a lit fuse.

"This is going to hurt..."

Getting his bearings, Seamus was able to get a bead on the gunsmith and make his head explode with a devastating shot. Unfortunately, the big man came charging in and smacked Seamus upside his head with a huge shovel. Seamus forced his burning remains of a doxy to get back up, but that stupid gremlin started wailing on him with an oversized wrench. Then, before he had a chance to breath, the woman with the claws was tearing into him like it was nothing. The last thing he remembered was a punch square in the face, shattering the cartilage in his nose. As he faded into blackness, he again saw a cool, calculating stare, devoid of fear.

The gremlin turned a dial on the mechanical pig and was reaching to flip a switch when Mei finally spoke. "Cool him down, Sparks."

Sparks shrugged his shoulders and started tinkering with his creation, grumbling a little at not being able to project the mechanized porkchop toward the flanking belle who now was just standing there, no commands directing her.

Chiaki and Yin floated over to Mei and Kang. "We did not expect you to collect the target." Chiaki commented.

"I was unaware you were assigned." Mei calmly responded. "They were on the rail line, and no one was about. I made an executive decision. We will handle it."

Yin and Chiaki exchanged glances before disappearing into the ether.

Kang looked at his leader. "Think they suspect, anything?"

"If they do, I can deal with it. Help Sparks load Willie onto the pig. The others are a lost cause. We need to get the target to the M&SU safe house."

Kang looked at her puzzled. "You told the girl you would take care of it, though."

"I did, but I didn't say for whom."

Atticus conceded in the middle of Turn 3, Seamus's infamy no match for Kang's Rousing Speech.

Mei (John) 10
Seamus (Atticus) 2
Last edited by Solicitor 6 on Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The best way to figure out where you come from, is to figure out where you're going and work your way backwards. -The Doctor

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:33 pm

Breaking News!!
Our own editor in chief Nellie Cochran once again found herself in a precarious situation when she was ambushed in the forest by a maniacal madman in a giant top hat. Thankfully through sheer bravery and the emergence of a lone mounted marshal, Nellie and her cohort were able to flee from the madman and extract an informant who had ended up lost at the edge of the forest. While details of the madman remain limited, he is wanted for the destruction of a Guild Printing press, and for harassing of Guild officials for constantly yelling BOO! at them from within the shadows.

Atticus went for a very quick offensive with my little helper on Yin ruining Nellie and an executioner for turns 1 and 2. However, claiming 3 points on a quick murder at the start of turn 2, gave Nellie the VP advantage for her upgrade giving all models in the crew +to WP duals.

Kevin 9 Atticus 6

I will get final results and prizes posted up this weekend.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:26 pm

With all games reported, here are the final standings for this year's TFL.

Jonah 15TP +20 43VP
Kevin 13TP +14diff 43VP
Jason 10TP +8diff 40VP
Brandon 9TP +5diff 37VP
Atticus 6TP -3diff 33VP
John 6TP -11 30VP
Josh 6TP -14diff 28VP
Corwin 6TP -21diff 27VP
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Return to “Malifaux”