Fan the flames

A 15mm game that lets you refight the battles of World War II and Vietnam
Randy
Whiteshield

Re: Fan the flames

Postby Randy » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:28 pm

Its a granted that im interested and will fill in whatever is needed.

Tom- If its okay with you, after seeing what kind of reception flames gets wednesday we could just run a war for a month. Do 4 battles one per week. Not quite a campain since nothing will be gained by a victory/loss but then we could do the 4 most even battles you could think of in ww2?

Though i do enjoy my history i dont flatter myself in thinking i know which of the 4 battles were the closest/fairest.

If thats cool with you and enough people actually play on wednesday. (also if you need help setting up or grabing anything just let me know)
Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results.
George S. Patton

Tex
Whiteshield

Postby Tex » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:34 am

We can play a series of linked battles as a way to give meaning to them. The only problem I have with Flames of War is campaigns can be tricky to run. Flames or War is a simulation of World War II combat not a re-creation (there is a difference). Campaigns tend to be difficult to work out accurately as many aspects of the eventual allied victory cannot be easily incorporated into a campaign system (the German's lack of fuel, strategic bombing, having more Tiger tanks on the board than would have been historically accurate, etc). I have been thinking about how to make a mini-campaign more historically accurate without stacking the odds against one army or another. We will run our demo on Wednesday (provided I can get over this cold) and perhaps start our linked battles after that.
Badges?! We don't need no stinkin' Badges!

Randy
Whiteshield

Postby Randy » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:39 pm

Ah i can see what you mean about the differences. And the battles that we sim dont have to be the most must critical or famous battles. but either way im looking foward to wednesday.

I hope you feel better.
Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results.
George S. Patton

Return to “Flames of War”