info please

A 15mm game that lets you refight the battles of World War II and Vietnam
super64
Recruit

info please

Postby super64 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:11 pm

hi. I am thinking of starting flames of war but i dont know anything about it.

Randy
Whiteshield

Re: info please

Postby Randy » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:42 pm

Its a WW2 themed, highly stratigic, miniture models game. I do not know as much as a few others who will no doubt reply to you, so that being said ill leave it to them.
Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results.
George S. Patton

Tex
Whiteshield

Postby Tex » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:41 am

As previously stated by Randy, Flames of War is a highly tactical, fast paced recreation of company level World War II combat. The scale is 15mm - large enough for good detail on the miniatures but small enough for good movement. The game itself is broken into the early, mid, and late war periods. This makes for balanced games (as an early war army would have a really hard time against a late war army of the same points). Unlike other game systems, there are no BAMF characters or uber powerful monsters that can wipe out an enemy battle line by themselves. While the system is relatively simple, the tactical options available to the commanders are many. Even powerful units like Tigers or Panthers must be very wary of flank shots, artillery barrages, and air strikes. I currently have mid and late war German, American, and Soviet armies. I have run demos in the past and I would be willing to do so again. I am 99% sure that I will be at OTW this coming Wednesday and, if there is interest, I could bring two armies for a game. In all honestly, I think it is a far better system than anything by GW (but Fantasy was improved a lot).
Badges?! We don't need no stinkin' Badges!

super64
Recruit

Postby super64 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:40 am

i cant go wensday though i would really appreciate a demo. il message you when im able to go.

Return to “Flames of War”