What nation and company do you usually run/play over here?

A 15mm game that lets you refight the battles of World War II and Vietnam

Nation and company used in your FoW games are?

German
11%
US
11%
Russian
16%
British
5%
Other
No votes
Armour
21%
Mech
11%
Infrantry
5%
Mix of all three......
16%
Depends on my "mood" and perhaps who I usually play against..
5%

Total votes: 19

TRDG
Recruit

What nation and company do you usually run/play over here?

Postby TRDG » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:16 pm

I usually play German, all 3 basic types but like my armour, then Russian, never got into Italian, British or US forces though I played against them, a LOT.

Cheers, 6 options if you have that diverse of a force!!

Tom

Slanted
Whiteshield

Re: What nation and company do you usually run/play over her

Postby Slanted » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:55 am

I have a pretty decent sized Soviet Tank Battalion with air support. I am expanding it to have some supporting infantry and then build on that to an infantry battalion.
In the Soviet Army, it takes more courage to retreat than to advance- Joseph Stalin

TRDG
Recruit

Postby TRDG » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:25 am

Thanks for the vite and post slanted, so what do you think of the new Hen and Chick rule, not sure myself yet, have to get a game or two in using it!!

Cheers

Tom

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Postby Kinne » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:53 am

I'm building an Irish Guards LW army myself. It's pretty much all armor (Sherman V's and Fireflies) with a small amount of infantry support and a lot of artillery. I plan on adding an armored recce squadron and some air support too.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Tex
Whiteshield

Postby Tex » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:33 am

I play German, Russian, and American. My Americans are painted and my Germans are about 50% painted. My Russian army needs to be painted period. I think regular games of FOW could motivate me to pick up the brush once again. I love the game but I just need to find the time to play and paint (just like everyone else).
Badges?! We don't need no stinkin' Badges!

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:30 am

This is one of those games I have yet to get into, but would like to try. I had a German army that sat in a box for about a year before I eBayed it...but I wanted American Airborne anyway. I was thinking that or Irish Guard ;)
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

TRDG
Recruit

Postby TRDG » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:06 am

Thanks for the votes and posts guys, each company does seem to have a different style of play,and fun factor. Also depends on the mission and points used, you guys pretty much into Late-War in the games you have played over there in the past. As I take it you all are kind of retooling for the next gmes of FoW?

Cheers, it all may change more than a bit as V-3 rolls around in Feb, but I'll pop up a new thread on that soon. ;)

Tom

Slanted
Whiteshield

Postby Slanted » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:27 pm

My current force is made for mid war but I recently bought some T-34/85s and it can easily be upgraded to a late war force with some IS-2s and stuff along the similar lines.

And I don't know what to take of the new Hens and Chicks rule. In concept I like it alot better because it keeps you from moving forward at anything but a crawl and gives you a chance to hit, slim though it may be. In my opinion as well it also fits in with the soviet style of Rush forward at headlong speed till you can get within effective firing range more. I haven't gotten a chance to actually play test any of it because I have been deployed overseas but I will be back in the states within two days and I will get a chance to test it out.
In the Soviet Army, it takes more courage to retreat than to advance- Joseph Stalin

TRDG
Recruit

Postby TRDG » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:16 pm

Thanks for the vote and reply Slanted, I think my biggest concern is the 10 point bump up in points per tank, IF they have a two shot status. Yes the sngle shot armour goes down, great for stalins and the other "Cat killers" but still, noy sure about the balance.

Then depending on what other V-3 surprises happen, it could change even more!!

Cheers, at least we got a diferent take on hen and Chicks, thats something at least!! Time to start a V-3 thread me thinks!!

Tom

Return to “Flames of War”