Necron Proxies.

Xelloss
Whiteshield

Necron Proxies.

Postby Xelloss » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:50 pm

With the necrons being a new codex, there are a couple models that have yet to hit the production line, thus entrepreneurs like myself are forced to make do.

Night Scythe stand in:

As much as it resembles the drop ship from Aliens, this is actually an Aerial hunter killer from terminator. Tossed it on a Valk base and call it done. I may upgrade the guns on it in the future but the hull will remain the same.

Triarch Stalker stand in:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-4 ... ALKER.html

Forge world has far better picture taking skills then I. As a large necron walking unit, it's pretty much as perfect a stand in as I can get. It even shares the same initials with the unit it replaces. Announced clearly at the beginning of the game that its a vehicle and mark the base into quarters to delineate armor facings and that should clear up any issues I can think of.
Everyone is insane, its only a matter who's more obvious about it.

There are no "good guys"; everyone's a jerk, especially you.

Commander_Jay
Lord Requisitioner

Re: Necron Proxies.

Postby Commander_Jay » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:19 pm

Can you tell us what equipment they normally have? And what else might be represented?
-Commander Jay

"If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Xelloss
Whiteshield

Postby Xelloss » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:03 pm

The night scythe has a twin linked tesla destructor, a 24", str 7, assault 4 (no ap), this is currently represented by the guns mounted below the nose. There are literally no options. It's transport ability is a micro-wormhole thingy, so it literally beams guys in and out from another location rather than carrying anything. Armor 11 all around. Aside from these and the ubiquitous living metal that's on all necron vehicles that's really it. Clearly, it's a fast skimmer (supersonic even.)

The Stalker is armed with a heat ray be default (choice of a 2 shot multi-melta or a heavy flamer.) The other useful option would be a twin linked heavy gauss cannon (a 3' lascannon.) Both of these are easily represented by the claw guns. It doesn't have any close combat weapons of any kind to augment its base attacks, so it's weak looking claws fit right in. It's about as durable looking as the ghost arks so its armor 11 plus quantum shielding fits right in as well. Vehicle types are open topped and walker.

Xelloss
Whiteshield

Postby Xelloss » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:44 pm

I had almost given up hope that Moebius would ever release this model, but release it they finally did. Meet hopeful Night Scythe number two (The one I'm convinced GW cribbed off of in the first place!)

whytwolf
Lord General

Postby whytwolf » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:13 pm

Ok, you are good to go with these proxies, providing you explain upfront what they are and their capabilities, as is the norm for fielding proxies.

Thanks.
"It is the way of Fenris. We stay as long as we can. We fight as hard as we can. Kill as much as we can. Only when we can do no more, do we move on."

Return to “Tournament Model Council”