Hellsteed and basing question

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Hellsteed and basing question

Post by Kinne » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:29 pm

Considering using the Mantic Vampire Lord on Pegasus as a vampire on Hellsteed. This sucker right here:

Also, it comes with a textured 40mm base. A Hellsteed is listed as a Warbeast, and a character mount makes it Cavalry. So in this case, is a 40mm base acceptable, or does it have to go on a 25mm cav base?
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Re: Hellsteed and basing question

Post by Inquisitor Wall » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:32 pm

My thought would be that since GW does not have a mounted vampire on a 40mm base, that would have to be on the normal cav base as well. I don't have the army book to go from for that particular mount though.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Post by Kinne » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:02 pm

GW doesn't have a Hellsteed model at all. Any other character on a similarly sized mount is on a 40mm base, but they're all classified as Monstrous Cavalry. I'm guessing since it's a Warbeast that it would be a 25mm base.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Commander_Jay
Lord Requisitioner

Post by Commander_Jay » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:00 pm

I'd assume Cavalry would be 25mm by 50mm. Most of them are. If not all of them.

40mm is usually only for Monstrous Cavalry.
-Commander Jay

"If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Return to “Tournament Model Council”