The Stormcrows: Warriors of Chaos Blog

Dez
Storm Trooper

The Stormcrows: Warriors of Chaos Blog

Postby Dez » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:53 pm

I've got a good 1500 point start to my Warriors of Chaos, but I still have a ton of stuff to build. My main goal is to reach a fully painted and based 2250, but I'm certain I'll surpass that.

The Stormcrows hail from the icy North, so they all have glacial basing which I'll expand upon over time. They are also darker skinned, like the Kurgan, and tend to follow Tzeentch. The more and more I look at Slaanesh *insert joke here* the more I like the way some of their choices work, so I'm going to mix it up. They will be all painted in my Blue scheme, but I'm going to come up with a method to set them apart other than having that silly symbol of Slaanesh.

By the end of this, I plan on having built and painted:

Sorcerer Lord on a Dragon conversion built and painted
Painting and basing finished on 5 more Knights
The rest (20?) of the Marauders built, based and painted (Traded Off)
10ish Hounds built and Painted
10ish Trolls built and Painted
Throgg conversion built and painted
Basing finished on all models that are lacking it
Fix the #$%& Chariot
Warshrine Conversion
18 more Warriors Built/Painted
Finish my Chosen
Get some terrain done
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Collin
Whiteshield

Re: The Stormcrows: Warriors of Chaos Blog

Postby Collin » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:18 pm

Good plan Dez, I am curious what you plan to use for your dragon. The chaos dragon is one of the few models I don't have in my collection and I really have not found any I like yet.

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:45 pm

I have a High Elf dragon and big plans ;)

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Greywolf
Privateer Press Ganger

Postby Greywolf » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:02 pm

Still love the basing you chose for these guys Dez. Looking forward to seeing more of these completed. :twisted:
Raise your flagons Sons of Russ, the dawn of our victory is upon us.

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:04 pm

Thanks ;) I also realized in order to finish this month, I would need to finish painting the Knights. Should be a breeze, though ;)

ADB

Greywolf
Privateer Press Ganger

Postby Greywolf » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:05 pm

They are not too bad. Those were the ones I was worried about when I did my Path to Glory Warband, but they went rather quickly considering the detail on them. I think you will be fine. :twisted:
Raise your flagons Sons of Russ, the dawn of our victory is upon us.

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:11 pm

Yup, the thing I'm worried about is getting my FW Warboss done.

ADB

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:25 pm

Well, because of complete chaos on the homestead, I wasn't able to get to much here. It seems for every one I fixed, another broke! So I am going to apply last months work to this month, fix broken models and finish painting the knights.

ADB

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:20 am

....or not get anything done. I don't know where any of my free time is going. By the time I'm ready to work on anything, it's pretty late and I'm tired. Well, at least I've been playing Fantasy again. I'm going to finish up the things I had slated for February this month.

ADB

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:11 am

Action!

I'm in the process of finishing up the 5 knights. I fixed everything that was broken, including the Chariot. Woo woo! I should have the knights ready for May 1st tournament, my first Fantasy tournament! I also cleaned and primed 6 more Chaos Warriors. Things are coming right along, and I think the tourney helped!

Now, to wait out 8th edition and see how things go.

ADB

Return to “A Tale of 4 Gamers- Fantasy”