The Sacred Host of the Old Ones (Lizardmen Blog)

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Re: The Sacred Host of the Old Ones (Lizardmen Blog)

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:50 pm

Looking really good. I cant wait to see the entire model finished.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Postby J Rzasa » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:55 pm

I should have it finished by this weekend. Everything seems to be moving faster. I don't know if I'm getting back into the groove or just getting faster, but it's getting easier and looking better.

Dez, I did wash the shields. I think I'm either gonna have to wash em again, or give em a black wash and a dry brush. I'm not sure which.

I'm gonna post some more "concept" pictures tomorrow, I found a good site with some desert lizards, and one is perfect for a Skink unit, and another might look really good on an Old Blood.

~J

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Postby J Rzasa » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:42 pm

Engine of the Gods finished. I will have it with me tomorrow. I'm rather proud of the model, I tried a bunch of new techniques and I think it really made the model better than the others I've done.

Working on my unit of Skink Cohorts now, hoping to have them done before bed to post as well.

EDIT: No will power to finish the skinks. Early Bed Time instead. Face Beating/Getting Beaten tomorrow.

~J

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Postby J Rzasa » Mon May 03, 2010 3:22 pm

Ok Tournment Results : Face Beaten in.

Rd 1: Massacre
Rd 2: Minor Loss
Rd 3: Massacre.

The list was an Old Blood on a Carnosaur, an Engine of the Gods, 2 units of 20 Saurus, 1 16 man skink unit with 2 Krox, 2 10 man skink skirmish units, a Steg and an Ancient Steg.

Rd 1: Played Against Jon from Hartford CT. Good guy, good looking Skaven army, had a great time. Got my face beaten in. Turn 2 he killed the Steg with his Doomwheel. Bottom of 2, I charge the Doomwheel with the Old Blood, took an Impact wound from the Doomwheel, failed to wound with any of the 8 attacks from the Old Blood or the 4 from the Carnosaur. Failed an LD check, and was run down. Lost the Engine of the Gods to the Doomwheel too.

Took down the clanrat unit, the jezzails, some giant rats, and an Assassin. 1 10 man Skink unit kepts his Night Runners spinning in circles, and even attracted the attention of a Giant Rat unit, to no avail.

The third fail of this mess was losing my ancient Steg to a unit of 4 Rat Swarms. Some bad luck, but it was encouraging enough. I had a good time, and without the doomwheel fail against the Old Blood I felt this game could have been ok.

Game 2: Got to play some Dwarfs. It was a good game, and the game went well enough for me, except the Carnosaur. I could not take down a Dwarf Lord, and my Saurus performed sub-par. I just barely lost this one, a little over 300 pts. Had I killed the Dwarf lord, I probably would have been solid. Nothing really important to note here.

Game 3: Sigh. Turn 2 fails continued, with a Stegadon charge against a Ghoul unit, and a Skink/Krox charge against a skeleton unit. Both failed to do anything, and both were beaten, failed LD checks, and were run down. It didn't get prettier from there. A skink unit failed to do any wounds to a Vargholf, my Saurus Spearmen were beaten and run down. It was just sad.

Thinking about a new list. My main learning points here was that my lack of BSB hurt more than I would have thought. The Stegs are not as good as I'd like them to be, no matter how cool I think they look. The Engine is great Magic Defense, but is too vulnerable. With a level 2 wizard, 1 scroll and the diadem of power, its 440 pts. The skink almost always dies within the first couple of turns, usually to a War Machine.

Don't know points yet, but I think I can get in an army with 4 units of Saurus, a unit of Temple Guard, that could be a ridiculous base. I'll post up specifics when I get home. Gonna put the Lizard painting on hold for a while, do some 40k and some random Reaper stuff for a bit.

~J

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Mon May 03, 2010 5:29 pm

Your army is looking great. Id really like a rematch with the demons some time after Ard Boys.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Return to “A Tale of 4 Gamers- Fantasy”