Questions on WYSIWYG

ArDeZe
Whiteshield

Questions on WYSIWYG

Postby ArDeZe » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:13 pm

So in an effort to get as close to WYSIWYG, I've come across a few confusing bumps...

1. Is there an official link to a WYSIWYG on this forum?
and...
2. If I have a group of cultists, and some of the models are armed with autoguns, could they be counted as using the bayonets fixed upon their rifles? Could I also simply add on pistols, swords and axes to their bodies in order to convey the fact that I want them to be using CCWs? Basically, if a model is armed with a piece of wargear, do I HAVE to use it?

Dez
Storm Trooper

Re: Questions on WYSIWYG

Postby Dez » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:35 pm

What You See Is What You Get. If I look at your Cultists, I see 10 with Autoguns and 10 with CC and Autopistol. That's exactly what I get.

This is an especially sticky situation, as you can have a mixed squad with Cultists.
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Postby Kinne » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:46 pm

WYSIWYG generally applies in tournaments and bigger events, like Apocalypse. The former because it can be confusing to an opponent in a competitive situation, the latter because there's always WAAAAAAY too much going on to remember that Cultist A with an autogun actually has an autogun, but Cultist B with an autogun has a pistol/CCW. Now if you were to say ALL cultists in your army had pistol/CCW, that can generally be accepted provided every model in the army with an autogun is going to count as having a pistol/CCW.

In friendly games, it's generally not a big deal, as long as you talk it over with your opponent. Hell, I've tried out entire armies Counts As to see if I liked the playstyle before I invested. So if we were playing a pickup game and you wanted all of your cultists to have certain weapons other than what was modeled, there's no pressure and I'm not going to lose anything, so whatevs. Like I said, done it many times myself.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:00 pm

Duh, meant to elaborate as Kinne did above. This work is distracting my internet!
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Return to “Warhammer 40k”