Nagash

WildBorr
Veteran

Re: Nagash

Postby WildBorr » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:57 pm

I think they changed some of his fluff, since Nagash is mentioned in the Skaven codex, and seems quite different. It's as in depth as what you're getting into, but they portrayed him almost like the "father" of the undead races.

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:12 pm

I kind of like the model. Huge improvement over the original model but kept some of the aspects of the original. 1000 points though I was expecting him to be more. Sort of how sauron was for the lotr game.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Postby J Rzasa » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:14 pm

He is the father of the undead races. He was the one to raise the Tomb Kings, before they were simply Pharaohs. When they forces Nagash out of the desert, he found the Sylvannian Counts of the Empire, and created the Vampire Counts. Remember, Sylvannia is an Empire province. It still is, and the Emperor considers it part of the Empire.

He enslaved the Vampire Counts, and forced them to fight for him, but when he was banished, they gained their freedom.

This is why all the Undead races hate Nagash. It's also why there used to be an Undead Army, and it was split into two books when they wrote Nagash out of the game.

I want to see the model closer up. A lot of the GW paint jobs are horrendous and ruin some of the models.

~J

Slimnoid
Hardened Vet

Postby Slimnoid » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:57 pm

WildBorr wrote:I think they changed some of his fluff, since Nagash is mentioned in the Skaven codex, and seems quite different. It's as in depth as what you're getting into, but they portrayed him almost like the "father" of the undead races.

Nagash's keep, Nagashizzar, is sitting on a giant repository of warpstone. When he went to cast a dread spell to rule the world, the Council of Thirteen sent in a team with the Fellblade and gave it to King Alcadizaar, who was being held prisoner by Nagash. Alcadizaar used it to slay Nagash, but he went mad in the process and died out in the wilds. This spell, ironically, caused the ancient kings of Khemri to wake up, leading to the Tomb Kings.

Nagash returned eventually, and later slain once again by Sigmar. I'm unsure of how he has returned this time around, though some people are saying it was through some ritual involving an elven princess. Might be in one of the novels.

When they forces Nagash out of the desert, he found the Sylvannian Counts of the Empire, and created the Vampire Counts.

Not quite. Queen Neferata of Lamia found one of Nagash's books and made an elixir of immortality using his blood. She became the first vampire, and made six lieutenants. They were driven out of Khemri and into the arms of Nagash, though even then he was betrayed; they fled when Alcadizaar's forced proved too much for Nagash, and out of spite all vampires were cursed to die from sunlight.

Nagash can control any undead, this is true, but those of particularly strong will can resist him; this includes a lot of the Tomb King leaders and a fair number of vampires. Both have a right to hate him and most do not serve him willingly, and only the truly insane would want him back at full power.
Bring me your finest coffee!

AdamL
Whiteshield

Postby AdamL » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:58 pm

Stupid retcons, i guess I got some reading to catch up on because i'm out of date.

I iz confused why they changed him up so much but then again it's GW.
"Shoot the choppy and chop the shooty"

Guide to being an ork: Learn it, live it so you don't muck about!
http://matthewfarrer.files.wordpress.co ... wchart.png
Ork Taktikz
http://i.imgur.com/gKcI5cI.jpg

You can never have enough dakka for it is like the speed of light. You can come close but you can never attain it.

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Postby J Rzasa » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:55 am

Yeah Slim, that sounds right. I haven't read most of these books in 10 years, they are simply too expensive to buy all of them.

~J

Slimnoid
Hardened Vet

Postby Slimnoid » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:45 pm

Holy crap he's huge.

Edit: hahaha no on the price for ANYTHING on here.

WildBorr
Veteran

Postby WildBorr » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:00 pm

What comes in the GK Vanguard?

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:00 pm

I don't know slim 105.00 for 1000 points of an army is making me feel like its 2004 again. Way over priced for a single model, but on par with other large kits.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Slimnoid
Hardened Vet

Postby Slimnoid » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:08 pm

Inquisitor Wall wrote:I don't know slim 105.00 for 1000 points of an army is making me feel like its 2004 again. Way over priced for a single model, but on par with other large kits.

Yeah but look at the book. $85, $165 for the limited edition. That is straight-up ridiculous.

Meanwhile:

Mannfred

Arkhan

Neferata?

This uh, ridiculous-looking thing.

Looks like he's on a 100mmx150mm base.

Return to “Warhammer”