Need Help Transporting This Model

JeffJ
Whiteshield

Need Help Transporting This Model

Postby JeffJ » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:53 pm

Not sure if this is the right forum section to post this in, but I made this Mannfred conversion and I'm not sure how to safely transport it for games.

Since I added the wings I can't lean the model on its side, and standing up it wobbles even if I'm driving slowly. Right now I just have this box to store it and I can hold that with one hand while I drive to keep it steady but honestly that's not the most practical (or safe) way to go. If anyone has any ideas on how I can safely transport this I would really appreciate it.

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Re: Need Help Transporting This Model

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:37 pm

You can get sheets of memory foam at Joann fabrics up to 4" thick. Use an exacto knife to cut out the shape of the model and hot glue the foam onto a thin piece of hardboard or wood. It will be a little work, but not too expensive.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Commander_Jay
Lord Requisitioner

Postby Commander_Jay » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:28 pm

You can also put a good magnet in its base, and put it into a metal box. Or a metal sheet in the bottom of any box.
Do the foam too, so it won't move, and even if it did it would only lean on soft foam.
-Commander Jay

"If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

JeffJ
Whiteshield

Postby JeffJ » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:58 pm

Thanks guys, I'll check those out.

Return to “Painting and Converting”