Painting Post

orkwarboss
Storm Trooper

Painting Post

Postby orkwarboss » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:40 am

So I built a chaplin with lots of magnetized parts: Image
Now how do I prime and base coat them without haveing paint pool up on whatever flat surface Im using to hold the parts. Well since the arms have pieces of tin on them I decieded to use more magnets and do this:

Its simple. A piece of plywood, wood dowel, 1 wood screw and a bunch of nails. I put a small magnet on the end of each nail. I did not glue it as IF I had a magnet part to put up the sides may not match up. I was able to prime and base coat a bunch of parts and not have paint pool.
Lion El’ Johnson – This one is an oldie but a goodie. Turns out he was a poet from the Victorian era who wrote a poem called ‘The Dark Angel’. He also was rumored to have quite the secret for those times.

Commander_Jay wrote:On the plus side, some of the rules and attacks are hilarious. My Gyrocopter can tilt its rotors and cut through people like a homicidal kitchen blender.

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Re: Painting Post

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:47 am

Great idea. That also works for entire models if you put a magnet under their base. Helps to make sure you get a nice clean under coat on the entire model.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Return to “Painting and Converting”