Blood Bowl Week Three (10/27 - 11/01)

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Blood Bowl Week Three (10/27 - 11/01)

Postby Kinne » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:04 am

Howdy once again, Blood Bowlers! It's Bob Overhausen again, here with Jim Flatnose, bringing you the news from the pitch! Well, it was a slow week in the Spike! Magazine offices this week, folks. Reports of only two games have come across my desk. Thoughts, Jim?

Well Bob, I think most teams are scared. Scared of getting their pretty little uniforms dirty. Why, if the pansy elves are willing to get a bit of dirt on 'em, what's holding the greenskins back?

Interesting perspective, Jim. Anyway, the two games we have to report were the Orcsburg Stranglers versus the Dallas Scaleboys, and a rematch between the Naggarond Paleskins and the Philadelfia Eagles. Not much news from that first matchup, but I hear it was a hard-fought draw with few to no injuries.

I'm not surprised, Bob. Orc hide is almost as thick as a lizard's scales. But you'd think with all of those sharp teeth, nasty claws and brutish orc aggression, there would've been more blood!

You would've thought that, Jim. Our second matchup of the week, the Eagles versus the Paleskins, gave the Dark Elves a chance at revenge, something they're very familiar with. While there was little in the way of bloodshed, the Dark Elves pulled themselves back together after falling apart last week, and won this one, 3 - 2. When contacted for comment, the Eagles' coach muttered something about the sun being in their eyes before retreating to the locker room. Unfortunately, the reporter we sent into the Paleskin's locker room found himself sacrificed to Khaine, so no word on their response to the game.

I don't know why those pointy-ears insist on worshipping their weird gods. Everyone knows the gods of Blood Bowl are the fans. And the sponsors. Uh, yes, and drink Bloodweiser!

Subtle, Jim, truly subtle. Anyway, that's all for this week. This is Bob Overhausen for Jim Flatnose, saying "See you on the pitch!"
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Dez
Storm Trooper

Re: Blood Bowl Week Three (10/27 - 11/01)

Postby Dez » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:08 am

I need a game this evening ;)
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Kinne

Postby Kinne » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:14 am

I can try and make time around running the Halloween event. Be a slacker -- leave work early and meet me around 3:00.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Kinne

Postby Kinne » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:08 pm

I managed to get a game in against J yesterday. The Gobbos got steamrolled, mainly because J's dice hated him and my dice (borrowed from J) loved me. The game ended 4 - 0, and I caused seven casualties, two of which were Dead. Check out the blog for more details (link in signature).

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:24 pm

J if you need a recovery game, let me know. I dont think ill be around on wednesdays, but other weeknights or weekends could work.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Return to “Fall Blood Bowl League”