Codex: Khorne Daemonkin

Slimnoid
Hardened Vet

Codex: Khorne Daemonkin

Postby Slimnoid » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:58 am

German version, includes points costs:
http://imgur.com/a/tlwTe

From WD-

A Blood Host Detachment (the force organization chart in the codex) allows you to field two Bloodthirsters in your army. Also you get more as they can be summoned from the Blood Tithe.

The Blood Tithe is a special rule that allows you to gain Blood Tithe points every time you kill or lose a unit.

Expending Blood Tithe points gets you abilities which are on the 8 Blood God cards from the datacards set. The first one which is shown in WD, is Infernal Contempt - which costs 1 Blood Tithe point and grants all friendly units with the Blood from the Blood God special rule Adamantium Will until the start of your next turn.

You can spend your points once a turn to summon some daemons or give abilities to your units

8 Points you will get a Bloodthirster for free.

Blood for the Blood Blood.
Bring me your finest coffee!

Waylander719
Whiteshield

Re: Codex: Khorne Daemonkin

Postby Waylander719 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:01 pm

>every time you kill or lose a unit

Holy shit, gonna take a bunch of minimum body count heretics or something and just sac the shit out of them, also just for hilarity, a bunch of spore mine units allied in............

Slimnoid
Hardened Vet

Postby Slimnoid » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:37 pm

Waylander719 wrote:>every time you kill or lose a unit

Holy shit, gonna take a bunch of minimum body count heretics or something and just sac the shit out of them, also just for hilarity, a bunch of spore mine units allied in............

That depends on the wording in the final product. If it's just the models in the army book that are killed, it'll stop that idea cold; if not, well, spore mine away.

Ankaru
Veteran

Postby Ankaru » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:38 pm

This will be fun. Too bad the bloodthirster is so freaking expensive. I hope they do new stuff for the other gods as well.
Fantasy is cool. Sci-fi is cool too. But when you combine them, they become even cooler.

Slimnoid
Hardened Vet

Postby Slimnoid » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:12 pm

Ankaru wrote:This will be fun. Too bad the bloodthirster is so freaking expensive. I hope they do new stuff for the other gods as well.

Eh, there's plenty of third-party winged demon-looking things you can pick from. Hell, Reaper has a ton of them; the Minotaur Lord just needs a set of wings and he'll be good to go.

Significantly larger than the old metal Bloodthirster. Whether it's the same height as the new plastic one is another story.

There's also the Fire Demon which is about the same size as the old metal bloodthirster.

Mierce does some nice stuff too, and while expensive, is still cheaper than GW. They do like to lovingly sculpt genitalia on some of their models for whatever bizarre and insane reason so uh, keep that in mind.

Creature Caster will have a huge, impressive one available in the future, once they get productions up.

And of course, if you can get it, the LotR Balrog makes an excellent BL as-is.

Ankaru
Veteran

Postby Ankaru » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:52 pm

I picked up the Demonkin codex today and what I saw from just skimming through it, it is really very good. I personally think I will enjoy playing this army. Time to dust off my space dwarves to count-as chaos marines again.
Fantasy is cool. Sci-fi is cool too. But when you combine them, they become even cooler.

Commander_Jay
Lord Requisitioner

Postby Commander_Jay » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:29 pm

I love the big minotaur!

(Also, remember even little kids see the forum, so let's not swear too much).
-Commander Jay

"If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

ArDeZe
Whiteshield

Postby ArDeZe » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:40 am

I love the new Dex- it adds a lot of MEAN possibilities to the Khorne Flakes Rush list. I myself just picked/ordered two maulerfiends and twenty flesh hounds in order to fill out my group! I especially love the fact that I'll be rewarded for getting my men killed ;D

Ankaru
Veteran

Postby Ankaru » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:41 am

ArDeZe wrote:I love the new Dex- it adds a lot of MEAN possibilities to the Khorne Flakes Rush list. I myself just picked/ordered two maulerfiends and twenty flesh hounds in order to fill out my group! I especially love the fact that I'll be rewarded for getting my men killed ;D

I know, it's awesome! Now I can fulfill my dream of an assault army that can actually have shooty. And armor! It's like a dream come true! And the fact that I can use my skull canons is just icing on the cake.

AdamL
Whiteshield

Postby AdamL » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:59 pm

There are plenty of assaulting type armies with plenty of shooting. Orkz come to my mind first but also DE are nasty in combat with some nice shooting and Tyranids can have some nasty guns as well.
"Shoot the choppy and chop the shooty"

Guide to being an ork: Learn it, live it so you don't muck about!
http://matthewfarrer.files.wordpress.co ... wchart.png
Ork Taktikz
http://i.imgur.com/gKcI5cI.jpg

You can never have enough dakka for it is like the speed of light. You can come close but you can never attain it.

Return to “Chaos Daemons”