Apocalypse and Forgeworld

Commander_Jay
Lord Requisitioner

Apocalypse and Forgeworld

Postby Commander_Jay » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:30 pm

Any checked Forgeworld recently? There's all sorts of new Eldar stuff, like the Wasp walker. But check this guy out:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-4 ... -BODY.html

Check out the size, and the pilot inside the skull. (Dont look at the 750 dollar price tag).
-Commander Jay

"If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Slimnoid
Hardened Vet

Re: Apocalypse and Forgeworld

Postby Slimnoid » Sun May 01, 2011 10:37 am

His pose seems kind of familiar...

Bring me your finest coffee!

Krymson86
Whiteshield

Postby Krymson86 » Mon May 02, 2011 10:46 pm

750 without arms...Still looks AWESOME.

I want to get some of those Warp Hunters. D Cannon + Fire Prism mobility = SWEET. And they're not priced totally insanely like some of FW's other items.
Vyros Nyarr for Incassar 2012! Elves! Bringing swords to gunfights and winning since the beginning of time

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Mon May 02, 2011 11:02 pm

Alex why did you just dare me to start an all Forge World Apocalypse Ork Army? IT'S ON!!!

I just did a quick count, and I have almost 1000 points of Forge World Orks without upgrades, and that's not counting the 2 Gunwagon hulls I have. I'm an Orkaholik.
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Krymson86
Whiteshield

Postby Krymson86 » Tue May 03, 2011 1:18 am

Dez, go for it. I just checked FW's site. They, as of now, do not make any Flash Gitz minis, so if you're fielding an all FW Ork army, I like my chances :P

I'm giving serious thought to running one of those Land Raider assault lines or whatever they're called, filling them with assault terminators and just swarming objectives...and then losing one guy and promptly abandonning said objective to chase blindly after whoever just shot them...Stupid Templar :(

Really though, I like the Warp Hunter kit. And it's apparently just a plastic Fire Prism kit bundled with resin pieces to convert it into a Warp Hunter, so with some magnetizing, you get both a Prism and a Warp Hunter.

I might field Eldar at the next megabattle...So Jonah won't be the only squishy army on the table,lol. Either that or I'm fielding an all Terminators in Land Raiders list :P
Vyros Nyarr for Incassar 2012! Elves! Bringing swords to gunfights and winning since the beginning of time

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Postby Kinne » Tue May 03, 2011 7:25 am

Krymson86 wrote:And it's apparently just a plastic Fire Prism kit bundled with resin pieces to convert it into a Warp Hunter

They do that a lot. All of their Leman Russ variants are/were all plastic Russ kits with a resin turret, and sometimes some resin add-on bits. Unfortunately, the cost usually only covers the upgrade kit, so you have to buy the base vehicle from GW too.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

whytwolf
Lord General

Postby whytwolf » Tue May 03, 2011 8:02 am

Krymson86 wrote:I might field Eldar at the next megabattle...So Jonah won't be the only squishy army on the table,lol.

Ha, if you do that, I might just be tempted to throw some Tau down on the table. Actually, under the allies table I could probably mix Tau and Space Wolves. Imagine a squad of Lascannon Long Fangs backed by a trio of Broadsides (Twin linked S10, AP1, 72" )!! :twisted:
"It is the way of Fenris. We stay as long as we can. We fight as hard as we can. Kill as much as we can. Only when we can do no more, do we move on."

Krymson86
Whiteshield

Postby Krymson86 » Tue May 03, 2011 8:04 am

True Kinne, but I mean, even if they offered it as just one of their upgrade kits, you'd still have to go out and purchase a Fire Prism (or Falcon) to use the upgrade kit.

To be honest, I wish more of their offerings were sort of "Master Grade" plastic models, because resin really puts the cost way up there, especially for their Super Heavy offerings. By Master Grade, I'm referring to Bandai's Gundam models range. Their models are all very detailed, but their Master Grade kits are injection plastic, but they are extremely detailed and I'm sure GW/FW could do something similar if they wanted to.

I'd love to get a Cobra, but the cost just puts it out of my range. A Lynx may be possible though. Although I should probably work on getting more points of Eldar first,lol.

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Postby Kinne » Tue May 03, 2011 8:11 am

That's the trouble with Forgeworld. Their stuff is nice, but really expensive. What bugs me about it are their units. For example, I think their Fantasy Nurgle Trolls and Ogres are fantastic. But there are only three of each, and they're not customizable kits like the GW ones. So I have to field them in a unit of three, have duplicate models in a larger unit or have amazing FW models in the front rank and regular ol' models in the rear ranks.

Even with the Eldar stuff. If you fielded that unit that is fantastic with all of the flowing fabric and whatnot, they would just make regular ol' Dire Avengers look sad.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Return to “Eldar”