How to build an Altansar ghost phalanx?

ArtemisChosen
Whiteshield

How to build an Altansar ghost phalanx?

Postby ArtemisChosen » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:50 am

Maugen Ra's craftworld was brought back from the eye of terror and those eldar became ghosts,shades,wraiths, and specters..Living and not living. I wanted to create an infantry based list but I don't know what to get next?

What I have for the phalanx so far:
Dire Avengers x 15
Striking Scorpions x 12(2 exarchs stupid GW)
Fire Dragons x 5
Warp Spiders x5
War Walkers x 4
Wraithlord
Farseer
Guardians x 20 (2 support weapons)
Night Spinner tank
Wave Serpent transport

I need suggestions for a next foot troop and how to build around it. I was thinking either banshees or wraithguard core, or Ynnead colored and converted pathfinders. All of those would fill out craftworld flavor. Suggestions

Xelloss
Whiteshield

Re: How to build an Altansar ghost phalanx?

Postby Xelloss » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:11 am

Seeing as how it's Maugen ra's craft world, where the first dark reaper shrine was located, it would seem some dark reapers are in order!

From what little fluff is out there for them, it seems like they are an eldar version of the legion of the damned. Take what you will from that.
Everyone is insane, its only a matter who's more obvious about it.

There are no "good guys"; everyone's a jerk, especially you.

Commander_Jay
Lord Requisitioner

Postby Commander_Jay » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:17 am

Banshees or Harlequins would be great, and your list would put their AP weapons to good use.

Wraithguard would fit your theme perfectly.

And Dark Reapers seem to be mandatory.

You could try converting some Guardians to look more like Dark Reapers or Wraithguard. Maybe just some greenstuff on their helmets.
-Commander Jay

"If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

ArtemisChosen
Whiteshield

Postby ArtemisChosen » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:52 am

Oh wow! Thanks for that suggestion Jay. I never thought about that. Hmmm, harlies with a 5+ invuln save, maybe, but I really like the idea of the banshees. When I get them, they'll look like Celtic "SHEE" with tattered black robes and glowing blue eyes. I thought wraithguard and wraithlord were mandatory as well as dark reapers. I just wish the DR got to use the same missiles as the EML does. STR 5 ap3? It ok

@Xellos I LOVE the company of the damned. Same thing with the Wulfen beasts from the space wolves Lost 13th brigade. The power of chaos has two sides based on the purity of your heart.

Return to “Eldar”