1d4 Chan's Blue Chip Units, laughed so hard!

ArtemisChosen
Whiteshield

1d4 Chan's Blue Chip Units, laughed so hard!

Postby ArtemisChosen » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:56 am

PROTIP FOR BEGINNERS AND ADVANCED PLAYERS:
"The Art of Space Fairy Elf Unit Synergy Somebody check my math!

Dire Avenger Vehicle Upgrade AKA (Ballerina Bus) 5 Avengers in a Falcon to make it scoring NOT IN 6TH EDITION! You must disembark to hold an objective, plus a delicious holo-field. (the so-called DAVU Falcon). 210 clams. Alternatively, 10 Avengers with the Exarch carrying a second rifle and Bladestorm, mounted in a Wave serpent with twin cannons on top. Jump out, shoot 32 times (add Farseer with doom and guide for real Whoopin), shoot from the serpent, prance off. Can't take a holofield. 252 points.

The Camping Knuckleheads: 5 Pathfinders, plus 5 Scorpions, with the Exarch carrying the Scorpion's Claw and Shadowstrike (infiltrate). Even as tiny squads, these can squat on objectives or just get in the way from the start. Add more guys to taste. 247 points.

Seer Council of FFFGGGNNNNNNNNN: 1 Farseer (Stones, Fortune, Doom, Jetbike) + Warlock A (Spear, Jetbike, Destructor) + Warlock B (Spear, Jetbike, Enhance) + Warlock C (Spear, Jetbike, Embolden). Cast your spells, and this unit rerolls invulnerable armor saves, rerolls wounds, fights at +1 to I and WS, rerolls leadership tests, crushes vehicles at up to 12" and can move after shooting. 327 shekels plus 45 for each extra bike warlock. We suggest extra warlocks are taken for various reasons.
Take this piece of trash as Battle Brothers allies with a Dark Eldar army. The Dark flavour is better than vanilla Eldar in many aspects, but this jetbike deathstar is a wrecking ball that Dark Eldar wished they could get their hands on. Psychic defense is really useful in an army that has none.

Wraithguard Troops Choice 10 Wraithguard and a Warlock (Spiritseer, Singing Spear, Conceal for 5+ cover). As discussed previously, these guys will draw aggro from every county and melt anything that gets too close. 389 points. If you're really feeling this vibe, have your Farseer come along with this unit and cast Fortune. Note that due to majority toughness rules, even the warlock and any IC will effectively be T6 for wounding purposes (not for ID, though) as long as wraithguards outnumber all other models. Walk these guys up the table and they will shrug off everything up to and including Demolishers, Meltas, and everything else. They will not die. They may make your opponent ragequit though.

Godzilla, Gamera, and Mechagodzilla: Avatar with 2 Wraithlords (Brightlance, Scatter, 2 Flamers each). When you get tired of shadowboxing and cartwheeling around, consider the heavy metal approach. These guys will lumber around the table doing wrestling moves and farting lasers until the enemy hammers them to death. I realize not everyone is into shooting Brightlances at Ballistic Skill 4 the way I am, that's cool. Don't skip out on one of the Eldar Army's only flamer mounts. Bear in mind that these guys aren't really a 'unit' and are free to run in all directions, fire at different stuff, and so forth. 455 points of pants-shitting fun.
If Forgeworld material is allowed, add in a Wraithseer for even more mecha buttkicking.

Tropic Thunder: [5 Harlequins (one Shadow Seer, one Death Jester) plus Maugan Ra. The deal is that Maugan Ra either shoots his S6 Pinning Rending gun five times at 36" or four times ignoring cover and re-rolling wounds, and the DJ shoots his S6 A3 Pinnning gun three times at 24", but the Shadow Seer's power will limit the range of incoming fire to around 14" on average and only 24" maximum. This unit is also Fleet and brawls like Genestealers. 325 chips.]-strikeout every thing before this! Veil of Tears now means +3 to cover saves (Stealth and Shrouded), RAEG! 6th ed. BTW, Maugan Ra is Tugg Speedman, and the Death Jester is Kirk Lazarus. Never go full retard.

Smoke Tanks Like Chunks Of Meth 10 Fire Dragons (Exarch w/ Firepike, Crack Shot), Fuegan the Burning Lance, an Autarch (Fusion gun, mandiblasters, gay power weapon), all riding a Wave Serpent with twin scatters and the shuriken cannon upgrade. This is all the napalm you need to turn tanks, dreads, terminators and carnifexes into little Cambodian villager girls. Remember you can allocate wounds to Fuegan pretty fearlessly with his FNP roll and 2+ armor save :3 615 points. Okay, fine, you don't want to blow that many pesos and both HQ slots in one unit. I understand. If you leave Fuegan out, remember to give the Exarch Tank Hunters to compensate - if for some reason you don't think 10 melta shots can't get the job done."

http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Eldar
Last edited by ArtemisChosen on Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dez
Storm Trooper

Re: 1d4 Chan's Blue Chip Units, laughed so hard!

Postby Dez » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:17 am

This needs to be edited to be kid friendly, there are kids around here.
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

ArtemisChosen
Whiteshield

Postby ArtemisChosen » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:44 am

All set! Any changes you'd make to these stratagems?

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:56 pm

Bah, weedy Space Elves? ;)

Ps thanks for keeping the link, I'll come back and read the 4chan version later ;)
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

AutarchDan
Recruit

Postby AutarchDan » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:05 pm

A couple things I notice in my experiences:

The seer council could use a couple extra bodies imo, it's most susceptible to massed small arms fire, you want to spread the wounds out a bit more. I would grab 3 destructor locks there, those heavy flame templates are what give the squad a lot of it's killing power versus infantry. I'd probably lose embolden for a simple set of runes of warding on the seer, make the emb lock a D lock. Mind War on the seer is always nice for taking out things like powerfists too if you can find the points.

Wraithguard look really nice in 6th, never fielded them though. The new conventioanl wisdom I hear is to take Divination and give them the ability to overwatch at full BS. The way to take out wraithguard is to assualt them, but if they're shooting at full BS anything will think twice before making that leap.

Never thought of that pathfinder/small scorp squad combo but I like it, may have to steal it!

Return to “Eldar”