Space Clowns

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Space Clowns

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:43 pm

With the upcoming release of the Harlequins, I am really tempted to build an army for them. However, I am sure that I would also want to include Eldar allies simply because there are some models I am interested in. I don't have an Eldar codex, so I was curious about a couple of questions.
1. Is the avatar still an HQ choice and can he be taken as the only HQ in an eldar army?
2. Is the Knight thing a heavy support or a lord of war?
3. are the olny troops in a standard Aldar army still only guardians and dire avengers?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Slimnoid
Hardened Vet

Re: Space Clowns

Postby Slimnoid » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:09 pm

1. Yes.
2. Heavy support.
3. Dire Avengers, Jetbikes, Rangers, and two types of Guardians are troops. Wraithguard and Wraithblades can be unlocked as Troops if you take a Spiritseer as an HQ.

Eldar are in a really good place power-wise; the Wave Serpent is a stupidly powerful transport, being both survivable and able to dish out a good deal of damage thanks to the Serpent Shield. The rest of the army hasn't really changed in terms of what they can do--Elites are chock full of 'this kills a specific thing' units, with Striking Scorpions and Fire Dragons both being the go-to choices there. FA-wise, warp spiders are great harassment units, and the two flyers are made of paper; the Crimson Hunter is probably the better of the two, though, by dearth of being really good at killing enemy flyers/FMCs. Out of the HS slots, the Falcon is probably the one no one takes because everything else is that much better; the Dark Reapers and weapon batteries are both solid, and War Walkers are cheap and effective. The Wraithlord is only worth taking if you can't fit the Knight in points-wise, or you've got a theme going.

Overall, Eldar are not bereft of choices.
Bring me your finest coffee!

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:50 pm

Thanks for the info. I'm looking to probably do an avatar, 1 troop in a srepent and a knight as my ally selection. Nee to see how well the harlequins will be able to pop tanks in order to decide on the troop choice.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

WildBorr
Veteran

Postby WildBorr » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:20 pm

I'm actually planning on doing Harlequins for the Kill Team league coming up, they seem super fun and super insane.

Return to “Eldar”