Well would ya look at this....CODEX LEAKED!

AdamL
Whiteshield

Re: Well would ya look at this....CODEX LEAKED!

Post by AdamL » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:26 am

That Choppa of Rag looks freaking sweet!
"Shoot the choppy and chop the shooty"

Guide to being an ork: Learn it, live it so you don't muck about!
http://matthewfarrer.files.wordpress.co ... wchart.png
Ork Taktikz
http://i.imgur.com/gKcI5cI.jpg

You can never have enough dakka for it is like the speed of light. You can come close but you can never attain it.

Dez
Storm Trooper

Post by Dez » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:05 pm

Yessir! Both the Choppaz strike me as being great.

I've got a lot of bikes to build! Painboyz on bikes, Warboss' with big choppas on bikes, Meks with SAG on Bikes, Meks with KFF on bikes...glad I have all those Sentinel canopies for sidecars!
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder
I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Dez
Storm Trooper

Post by Dez » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:49 pm

Here is something else cute. Bikes are relentless, Meks can take Bikes. Meks can also take SAG and KFF...and a bike.

Shock Attack Gun on a Bike CAN FIRE and then ASSAULT! I don't know why that blows my mind, but that's just crazy to me. Probably because the SAG can be pretty powerful, and on a bike it has a ton of mobility. If you give up the KFF, you can put 2 SAG Meks, a Warboss and a Painboy into a 15 strong bike unit. That's a very shooty, very deadly and pretty darn durable unit.
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder
I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Ankaru
Veteran

Post by Ankaru » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:06 pm

That sounds like it would be hard to stop for any army unless it was specifically built to counter that one unit.
Fantasy is cool. Sci-fi is cool too. But when you combine them, they become even cooler.

Slimnoid
Hardened Vet

Post by Slimnoid » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:43 pm

It can be dealt with the same way you can with any bike-style deathstar--by shoving ignores cover down their throat. At that point they only have the 5+FNP to save them, which isn't going to hold up for long. Especially if the Painboy bites it (Take Aim! with an autocannon HWT would soundly take care of that).

It's potent against certain armies, but it's not unbeatable.
Bring me your finest coffee!

Slimnoid
Hardened Vet

Post by Slimnoid » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:08 pm

orkwarboss
Storm Trooper

Post by orkwarboss » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:48 am

While all those bikes sounds fun (if you build it ill play) ,how many points is that? Perhaps way too many outside APOC.

Anyone know who wrote the book? I cant recall seeing a name in anything posted so far.
Lion El’ Johnson – This one is an oldie but a goodie. Turns out he was a poet from the Victorian era who wrote a poem called ‘The Dark Angel’. He also was rumored to have quite the secret for those times.
Commander_Jay wrote: On the plus side, some of the rules and attacks are hilarious. My Gyrocopter can tilt its rotors and cut through people like a homicidal kitchen blender.

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Post by J Rzasa » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:35 am

Books are now all written "By the design team". GW no longer releases who wrote the book. Been like that for a few army books now.

~J

AdamL
Whiteshield

Post by AdamL » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:00 pm

1st impression of the new ork codex with the new 7th edition rules.

lt was actually surprisingly fun and besides all the naysayers online I think GW did a fantastic job of changing orkz up enough to make them feel new and fresh and doing a good job of bringing back the green tides army list. I also love the fact that footslugging armies can be a thing again. The biggest gripe I had with the new codex was the heavy nerf that Ramshackle took but after play testing it for one game it wasn't as big of a nerf as I thought. It sucks losing a bit of randomness with them and the fact that it's a Str 4 explosion instead of 3 but whatever out with the old in with the new.

The big hit to the way orkz can get invulnerable saves (The only way to get an invul save is with force fields now as Cybork body is just FNP now instead of a 5+ invul) sucks a bit but I'm pretty sure with all the new changes there's some way to make up for it. I feel like challenges are going to be a bit scary but as I found the 'eadchoppin relic choppa is pretty awesome. +2 strength, rending and killing blows :D that strike at Int 4 is quite scary

I had only one game of the new orkz vs Corwin's space puppies so there's still a lot of learning/experimenting to do but overall I am very pleased with the new book. I also find it funny that Power klawz are no longer the one stop solution to all ork problems now that we got fancy relics and other shenanigans (all the new kustom blasters and such). In my 2k pts game vs Corwin I think I only had four power klaws in the entire army compared to my usually 6-8 PKs.

Let's see what else.. I love the whole idea of Meks not being an HQ choice and an attachment squad. The new kanz rock and I love the new 1-6 squad sizes as I always had trouble fitting in more than one squad of kill kanz back with the older book cause they competed with a lot of other choices. Now I can get a big wall of kanz that I want and still only use up one Heavy slot. The point reduction to both kanz and deff dreads were nice you can get a Deff dread (with two shootaz/klaws) for 80pts now where as before it was 75 without upgrades and it was mandatory to take 2 additional weapons such as big shootaz or extra klawz.

The new rule that kanz can break I thought sucked when I first read it and was annoying that my dreadnaughts can run away now but it wasn't so bad at all. Since I usually always bring Dakkagrot(My deff dread) as long as I was close to the kanz they would only ever break on a roll of a 1. And with a big Mek with a KFF and Fiker upper(Repair on 3+) and two smaller meks behind them the kanz were surprisingly durable and lasted waaaaaay longer than they ever lasted in most games before. I did make a blunder and got carry away with my deff dread and he got shot up and blown up (he ran after some jet pack marines and was too far away from the kustom force field and mekz) but next time I'm sure with decent placement and good rolls it could be possible to have a deff dread/kan last until the end of the game.

New mob rules: Like most things I was like whaaaat till I started to actually see what bosspole/mob rule meant when in game and I am very happy. Pretty much if you get your boyz stuck in with a nob its almost like they are pretty much fearless regardless of wounds taken. I had one boss nob in today's game last an entire extra round of combat when I was like -9 to my LD simply because of the new mob rules. l don't know if this was a blunder by GW mistake or I misunderstood the rules but since the nob was the only remaining guy and I roll 'ead bashing which meant d6 str 4 hits to the unit (excluding characters) and since he was the only guy left in the squad it meant he got a free pass on the LD as any excess wounds to any non characters in that squad are lost. Correct me if I'm wrong or misread it cause I'm really curious if that's a new thing.

Oh yes and Weirdboyz!! I LOVE the new physic phase in 7th editon so I might find myself bringing at least 1 weirdboy a game now.
"Shoot the choppy and chop the shooty"

Guide to being an ork: Learn it, live it so you don't muck about!
http://matthewfarrer.files.wordpress.co ... wchart.png
Ork Taktikz
http://i.imgur.com/gKcI5cI.jpg

You can never have enough dakka for it is like the speed of light. You can come close but you can never attain it.

Slimnoid
Hardened Vet

Post by Slimnoid » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:08 pm

AdamL wrote: The new kanz rock and I love the new 1-6 squad sizes as I always had trouble fitting in more than one squad of kill kanz back with the older book cause they competed with a lot of other choices. Now I can get a big wall of kanz that I want and still only use up one Heavy slot. The point reduction to both kanz and deff dreads were nice you can get a Deff dread (with two shootaz/klaws) for 80pts now where as before it was 75 without upgrades and it was mandatory to take 2 additional weapons such as big shootaz or extra klawz.
Killa Kans are more expensive now, I don't know where you're getting the idea that they are somehow cheaper.

Previous book: 35pts, must take at least one weapon.
New book: 50pts, comes with big shoota.

Before, just about everyone took a Grotzooka on kans and called it a day--at 45pts a pop they could deal some damage before closing in and smashing people in the face with S10 DCCW. Now, with the same set-up, it's 55pts for a grotzooka kan, and their Grot Klaw is now just +2S AP2. Meaning they are hitting only on a measly S7.

Kans got 15pts more expensive.
Kans lost the DCCW.
Kans can now be Shaken when they lose models in their squad, with no way of ignoring the effect because it's not a morale check.

One of these changes could have been fine, but all three is a serious hurt on what was a popular unit and an iconic image for Orks. There's no real reason to waste your crowded HS spot with Kans when they are competing with Battlewagons, Looted Wagons, LOOTAS, Mek Gunz, Deff Dreads, and Gork/Morkanauts. All of which are better choices for the most part.

If you roll a Dreddmob, sure, you may as well throw them in. But this book has all but spelled the death of Kans.

Return to “Orks”