Official Skaven Advance Orders for January

Dez
Storm Trooper

Official Skaven Advance Orders for January

Postby Dez » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:39 pm

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catal ... meStyle=wh

I think the stuff looks really cool. I'm once again having a hard time not starting a Skaven army, given as my daughter Brooklyn is to squeeking ;) I will not start another army until the Warriors of Chaos are finished!
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

MadMike
Whiteshield

Re: Official Skaven Advance Orders for January

Postby MadMike » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:46 pm

Nice to have some clear pics of them. Look good to me. Still love the abomination. Sounds like lots of variations possible.
Must paint more models... Must paint more... Must...

Abhorsen
Veteran

Postby Abhorsen » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:09 pm

yeah the Abom looks 100% better from this angle, it sucks that it only has one pose with out some serious greenstuff moding tho. i am really excited about the skaven magic cards aswell, they are just one of those things that will make the game that much smoother for me.

the cannon is still meh but i am going to buy one anyway for conversions atleast

stick with them chaos dez try and get them done by the time the new orcs come because u know u are going to want them real bad :9. i am hoping to get my skaven somewhere near done by then to just incase i cant resist the calling of the waaagh!

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Postby J Rzasa » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:01 am

I think Mike has it right. The Orc & Gobbo book is gonna be crazy. Hopefully. I haven't heard a whole lot, but here is hoping.

I still like the Abomination. I think their paint jobs are just terrible.

~J

Lakomasoi
Veteran

Postby Lakomasoi » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:53 am

Mike i like the WLC/ PCC for the reason is that for a quick and easy fix you can get both the Warp Lightning Cannon and Plague Catapult from one kit. I also am really likeing the Trecth model.

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:55 am

The character models are really nice. I think I just need to buy those and paint them, maybe build a couple of fun contraptions. I have no desire to paint 10000 clan rats ;)

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Collin
Whiteshield

Postby Collin » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:37 pm

Is it just me or is skaven getting really steam punk crazy.

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:45 pm

They are and I like it!

ADB

Lakomasoi
Veteran

Postby Lakomasoi » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:47 pm

That might be the reason for me starting a new army... they are losing the dirty back stabbiness that i like and are becoming a more up front army.. if only they would bring back shooting into my own units.

Return to “Skaven”