Punisher on Netflix

orkwarboss
Storm Trooper

Punisher on Netflix

Postby orkwarboss » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:25 pm

Anyone watching this? I am a bit confused.

I know very little in the comic book about the Punisher. Family killed in the park and he snaps. Starts killing anyone who is a major law breaker. Has help from a techy guy named Micro. Has military background.

Now in the Netflix series a lot is the same. Micro is there. Military background is there. Family is dead but its just talked about. No flashback memory. On the last show I watched, number 9 I think, some people talk about how Frank Castle killed 32 people. When did this happen>

Thanks,

Jason
Lion El’ Johnson – This one is an oldie but a goodie. Turns out he was a poet from the Victorian era who wrote a poem called ‘The Dark Angel’. He also was rumored to have quite the secret for those times.

Commander_Jay wrote:On the plus side, some of the rules and attacks are hilarious. My Gyrocopter can tilt its rotors and cut through people like a homicidal kitchen blender.

Solicitor 6
Whiteshield

Re: Punisher on Netflix

Postby Solicitor 6 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:38 pm

The MCU Punisher first appeared in Season Two of Netflix's Daredevil. He debuted killing nearly every member of an Irish mob in a Hell's Kitchen tavern. I think that is the 32.

It was in there where they did the flashbacks and details about his family's death.
The best way to figure out where you come from, is to figure out where you're going and work your way backwards. -The Doctor

orkwarboss
Storm Trooper

Postby orkwarboss » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:12 am

Solicitor 6 wrote:The MCU Punisher first appeared in Season Two of Netflix's Daredevil. He debuted killing nearly every member of an Irish mob in a Hell's Kitchen tavern. I think that is the 32.

It was in there where they did the flashbacks and details about his family's death.

I never watched the Daredevil series. May have been before I had Netflix. Time to go digging just for those episodes.

Thanks,

Jason
Lion El’ Johnson – This one is an oldie but a goodie. Turns out he was a poet from the Victorian era who wrote a poem called ‘The Dark Angel’. He also was rumored to have quite the secret for those times.

Commander_Jay wrote:On the plus side, some of the rules and attacks are hilarious. My Gyrocopter can tilt its rotors and cut through people like a homicidal kitchen blender.

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:31 am

Daredevil is amazing. Probably the best Marvel show. You should go back and watch ALL of the episodes.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Corwin
Veteran

Postby Corwin » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:09 am

I'll 2nd Kevin's post I love that show one of my favorite netflix shows.
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with BS. If that doesn't work, riddle them with bullets.

Solicitor 6
Whiteshield

Postby Solicitor 6 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:39 am

I'd put Jessica Jones a hair ahead of Daredevil on the Marvel Netflix scale. I love film noir and Jessica is essentially a classic film noir detective story, with some superhero trappings.

Luke Cage is good too.

Iron Fist however...save for the drunken master fight in Episode 9, was a chore to watch.
The best way to figure out where you come from, is to figure out where you're going and work your way backwards. -The Doctor

orkwarboss
Storm Trooper

Postby orkwarboss » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:33 pm

Just looked at Daredevil. Seems like all of season 2 has something Punisher in it. Guess I will have to watch season 1 and 2 so Im not all messed up.

Dam it!

Jason

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:09 pm

Watch them all, season 2 of DD is really good. Punisher is my favorite so far though :)
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Return to “Off Topic”